We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is responsible for the development and maintenance of a SaaS application portfolio. The ideal candidate is interested in creating innovative applications and loves to work on the cutting edge of technology and be comfortable across a range of technologies. We need someone who is resourceful in getting things done — a productive team member that is both independent and collaborative.
You should be excited about experimenting and pushing boundaries. Our ideal teammates are constantly looking to learn something new and become better at what they do — whether that means doing self-driven research or asking the other individuals questions where they are most knowledgeable.
What You Bring
You will need to wear many hats and be able to strategically work with your team to successfully deliver solutions to our customers. You should be excited to mentor, influence, and contribute to a team, as well as be an expert in at least one language or domain.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience leading the implementation of complex customer-facing components, websites, and applications.
- Experience working with component libraries, or internal design systems (Storybook, PatternLab, etc)
- Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs and/or Microservices
- A passion for solving customer problems with a team that’s just as passionate as you
Technologies you’ll be exposed to
- React with Redux
- Ruby on Rails
- Sass with a BEM influenced structure
- Cypress, Jest, and React Testing Library
- Webpack and Babel
- Git and Gitlab
- Developed internal or open-source design systems.
- Experience in CSS architecture, through CSS-only frameworks or as part of component library development
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
What GoCanvas Brings:
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Customer-Obsessed Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Flexible working arrangement (we are a Remote-first workforce)
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation or unlimited PTO)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually (Including our Company Founder’s Day!)
- Medical Insurance with employer contribution (where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance with employer contribution
- Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: (703) 547-8588.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This role is a #LI-Remote opportunity
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas changes the way people work by helping businesses unlock critical operational and customer insights to achieve speed, efficiency, and growth. The fastest-growing construction, field services, and logistics companies trust us to prepare them for every possibility and maximize their growth. With GoCanvas, organizations save money, keep their teams connected, and get real-time business insights that power their growth.
Our recent achievements as an organization include The 2020 Golden Bridge Award for Company Rethinking of the Year, and being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for tremendous company growth, Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, and last but definitely not least as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Any where in the US , USAType: Full-timeMin. Experience: ManagerHODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives..
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems;.
Senior Software EngineerOur organization: Illustrative MathematicsIM seeks to ensure that students, particularly historically underserved students, and their teachers have access to aligned, grade-level, mathematics curriculum resources, and that teachers.
Everlight Solar is seeking a skilled Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. You should be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about.
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.