Senior Elixir Developer
About ROAR For Good
We're dreamers with purpose and a passion for creating a safer world using innovative patent-pending technology. Our vision is to cultivate safer workplaces, starting within the hotel industry. The statistics are horrific - 58% of housekeepers experience sexual harassment. They tend to be women of color and immigrants. Every day they go to work, they put themselves at risk.
When we started in 2014, we built the premier safety wearable on the market (aka panic button). We've leveraged our personal safety experience and BLE expertise to buildAlwaysOn™, which is a staff safety platform that protects staff no matter where they are. This device provides peace of mind to employers and staff alike. AlwaysOn™ utilizes Bluetooth devices for emergency alerts and room level location identification.
We're going from beta to Version 1.0, preparing to scale our company and we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in taking ROAR to the next level. You'll join a small and talented team of engineers to build, influence and significantly contribute to the AlwaysOn™ platform.
You'll enjoy working at ROAR if the idea of working in a fast-paced startup environment while shipping high-quality software excited you. You also speak up when you have a point of view, but can "disagree & commit" once a final decision is reached. You hold yourself and others around you accountable, you focus on high-quality results, and you are open-minded to learning new technologies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Using best practices, design and implement UI/UX for our web interface
- Building product features and architecture in Phoenix
- Designing Elixir/Phoenix frameworks to improve efficiency
- Writing tests, review code, document processes, handle support issues
- Collaborating closely with teammates
- Assuming ownership over your system components
- Helping to mentor junior engineers as the team grows
- You will be part of a self-directed team that collaborates on key company decisions
- 2+ years of experience with Elixir, 5+ years of experience in programming
- Knowledge of Elixir, Phoenix & SQL, IoT(MQTT), CSS, RESTful, GraphQL
- Proven ability to write frameworks with an eye towards code reuse
- Capable of automating secure reliable processes
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to constantly improve
- Bonus: Knowledge of Erlang, LiveView, AWS, Docker, k8s, Ansible/Terraform, SASS
ROAR for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: