About Learning Without Tears (LWT): We are an ever-growing, family owned company striving to provide the best education products, professional learning, and digital resources for educators and children. Innovation and collaboration fuel us every day. We live our passion of helping children learn and grow.
Join our mission-driven, dynamic team as we embrace change, excellence, creativity, and simplicity to make a difference in educators' and children's lives. LWT believes in diversity, equity & inclusion, and strives to create a culture of community & belonging. Our employees bring a variety of experiences and perspectives that fuel our passion and innovation and drive our mission.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing and documentation of customer facing technical solutions that align with LWT objectives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead the design, development, testing, and maintaining of internal and client facing digital products.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to developers to enhance the end-user experience.
- Work closely with UX and visual designers to develop creative solutions that take into account the technical, organizational, schedule, and business requirements.
- Collaborate with support and customer experience teams to understand customers' needs.
- Work closely with the product owner and business analysts to understand use cases and user needs.
- Develop responsive products that render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices.
- Develop performant, reusable and clean code.
- Produce technical documentation and testing artifacts.
- Troubleshoot general application and code issues.
- Your Experience & Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of development experience in core development technologies, preferably in a business/commercial or educational technology environment.
- Development experience in an EdTech environment preferred.
- Experience with React or Vue.js. Consideration for Angular 2.0+ experience.
- Experience with HTML5 and SASS/SCSS/CSS.
- Experience with mobile development preferred.
- Experience with GraphQL preferred.
- Experience working in an agile environment; Scrum or Kanban preferred.
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment; Travis, Bamboo or Jenkins preferred.
- Knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience using version control systems; Git preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once while completing quality work on a timely basis.
- Ability to work both independently (with direction) and with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with coworkers.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Why Learning Without Tears:
Check out even more reasons why Learning Without Tears is a great place to work.
- Competitive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid family leave, pet insurance, standing desks, flexible scheduling, and more!
- Fun happens with company picnics, health and wellness fairs, Turkey Fry, Yankee swap, pizza and happy hour Fridays, milestone and birthday celebrations, and other surprises!
Apply now at https://www.lwtears.com/join-our-team
Learning Without Tears is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: