Design System UX Developers at Indeed serve a critical role in developing and maintaining the design system technical products, bridging the design system and engineering product teams, and advancing and advocating industry standards and best practices.
You will work with a cross-functional team to build out an accessible library of components and patterns; create fast, scalable, maintainable, and secure systems; maintain and develop the design system website; define best practices in UI development; and contribute to design ideation and decision making.
The skills of a Design System UX Developer include:
- Experience working with web technologies. Particularly in web standards, including Typescript, CSS, HTML
- Depth in the React library, CSS-in-JS paradigms (Emotion.js, Styled Components), packagement management (NPM) and version control.
- Experience with industry standards in accessibility, internationalization, performance optimization, SEO, cross-browser compatibility, caching
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and methodologies
- Ability to create reusable, scalable components
- An understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- A deep passion for both code and creativity
- Comfortable in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, or similar design tools
This role specifically requires:
- 8+ years of relevant programming experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing sophisticated user interfaces
- Experience working in or contributing to a design system
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
To really catch our attention, you might offer:
- A portfolio of interactive and compelling user interfaces
- Work experience in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Working with and managing design systems
- Experience or strength in developing build tools
This is a great time to join the Indeed design system team. We are growing in size, capabilities, and location and the right individual will find a huge array of opportunities for major impact.Who we are:
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
US Remote 138,000 - 174,000 USD per yearEEO and Accommodations:
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: