Banter is conversation reborn. Join a team working to bring natural, high-EQ, asynchronous video conversation into the remote work paradigm. Great communication improves culture, and great culture builds amazing things and creates new opportunities.
Banter values diversity in the workplace and the world. Be who you are.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-stack engineer, ideally someone who has experience with video and messaging applications. Mobile and cross-platform development experience is a plus. In this role you will be bringing to life the next version of collaborative, async video communication - Banter - conversation reborn.
In this role you will:
- Create prototype and production code that leverages the capabilities of modern video communication/messaging.
- Engage in agile feature development for our async video messaging product, with a focus on customer experience and ease of use. There is beauty in simplicity.
- Wear multiple hats - sometimes you will be product manager, designer, and engineer all in one
- Write clean, well-commented, extensible, testable code.
You will be great fit if you have:
- Deep experience with modern web frameworks, cross-platform toolkits (e.g. Flutter), messaging and/or video applications, browser-based applications, and cloud/SoA architecture.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making, knowing when to move fast and when to long-term optimize.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- You keep up to date with the latest messaging (audio/video) technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you've learned with your team.
- You're interested in creating applications and features using the latest technologies.
- You have strong UI/UX sensibilities and enjoy polishing the details that matter.
- You enjoy releasing code to production often. You understand why feature flags matter.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and building/launching customer-facing software products
- Highly proficient in modern web/mobile technologies
- Knowledge of WebRTC a plus
- Experience in tuning video/messaging performance and QoS
- Excellent system software programming, white box testing and debugging skills
- Comfort working with SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with several modern CSS/SCSS frameworks
- BS in Computer Science is great, but your code should speak for itself
- Experience in Linux
- Experience writing maintainable code with test coverage.
- Great communication skills
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Startup experience or strong desire to make an impact in an early-stage startup
- Passion for our core product areas of workplace collaboration and audio/video messaging
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $112,000.00 - $142,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Yes, this position is a remote position which allows all employees to work from anywhere safely.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Full-stack development: 1 year (Required)
- Cloud architecture: 1 year (Preferred)
- UI development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software deployment: 1 year (Preferred)
- QoS: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: