The web console is the last mile of Oxide’s vision: delivering the complexities of cloud infrastructure with a beautiful and functional interface that delights our customers.
As a UX Designer working on the web console, you will:
- Collaborate with a tight-knit team of designers and engineers to build a modern and delightful web interface to the Oxide platform.
- Translate complex systems into intuitive user experiences through user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Understand customer use cases and help define the Oxide product. Decisions about the console have consequences all the way down the stack.
- Understand how customers are using the Oxide platform and; make their work more intuitive and efficient.
- Be a principal owner of the console UX and the design system.
- Help scale this design system by contributing to components, UI patterns, and documentation.
- Identify valuable user stories within the console that can be used in demos and marketing to future customers.
- Champion new ideas and challenge entrenched UX patterns within a well-established problem domain.
These responsibilities are just a starting place! We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do – we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have expertise in standard UX and prototyping software, such as Figma, Sketch or Framer.
- Have a strong empathy and understanding of users’ needs.
- Have a keen eye for design and detail; recognising the importance of layout, typography, and information hierarchy.
- Believe in fully documenting your ideas.
- Enjoy reading the documentation produced by others.
- Are interested in building a strong UX foundation from scratch.
- Have experience in environments with complex systems; such as control panels, cloud services, SaaS.
- Are able to understand technical concepts throughout the stack sufficiently well to make informed UX decisions.
If you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications you should still seriously consider applying! We all come from different backgrounds with different skills.
Life at Oxide
We are very explicit about our values, and they can be seen in daily life at Oxide, for example:
- Our rigor means we enjoy and take pride in our craft.
- Our urgency means that we are not above the judicious short-cut.
- Our versatility is reflected in our greatest strength: the breadth of our team.
- Our transparency can be seen in our consensus-driven RFD process.
- Our responsibility means that we both lead and follow: we have our own domains, but we also help others on their parts.
- Our curiosity shows in our insatiable desire to learn – and our empathy in our love of teaching others.
- Our humor is a big part of our daily lives: we are inveterate wise-crackers whose video meetings spill into simultaneous text chat.
Our values also manifest themselves in our benefits:
- Everyone makes $180,250, regardless of location.
- We offer the best health insurance we could find: medical PPO plan, dental, and vision that are 100% covered for both employees and dependents.
- We are very supportive of remote work. About half of our team is outside of the San Francisco Bay Area; our only requirement is working hours with a significant overlap with Pacific Time.
- Our families and lives outside of our jobs are very important to us; our schedules are flexible to reflect and support that.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to help us accomplish this mission!Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work a
Job DetailsDescriptionCivicPlus is a high-growth technology company committed to creating more positive civic experiences. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011. Headquartered in Manhattan,
Community Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to engage the people they serve through programs and events; raise funds to enable their mission; and man
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.Are you an Programming enthusiast who has a background in writing? Interested in contributing anything from introductory guides to Python and SQL, to expert CSS or VB.Net code examples?Valnet Inc. is looking for content writ
Cayuse Shared Services (CSS) provides the back-office support services for the Cayuse Holdings family of companies. CSS provides services related to Finance, Compliance, Facilities, Human Resources, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Marketing and Legal. We also.