New Theory is a creative web agency that pushes design and technology for a shared, frictionless future. We collaborate closely with our clients to provide the digital strategy, user experience design, and custom web development services they need to meet their business objectives. Our team specializes in B2B e-commerce and nonprofit marketing websites. Together we bring an expertise for creating a successful experience for users, launching a new product line, and entering new markets.
A bit about the job
Further, as an agency supporting corporations in their public and private activities, we feel we play an important role in these activities. We believe that too frequently the actions of corporations disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- At the start of new projects, senior web developers will sometimes meet with clients or account managers to determine requirements for new sites/tools. This requires active listening skills, as this information is used to create an estimate for the project cost.
- Identifying user and system requirements for new websites or web tools
- Balancing budget needs when approaching a task: framework versus custom build? Off-the-shelf plugin or custom plugin?
- Work with Designers to perfect site aesthetics and required functionality
- Run functionality testings and debug code, catching mistkaes, then testing again
- Juggling 10+ projects in various states of completion and budgets
- Communicates directly with clients when needed for development requests to get clarity, achieve scope and estimate time needed.
- Be available a minimum of 20 hours per week for communication via Slack, Zoom and TeamWork with the rest of the New Theory team for questions and requests.
- Work within TeamWork for client and team communication.
- Gracefully accept feedback
- Diligently communicate project status and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines and budgets.
- 4+ years experience and proven track record as Front End Engineer, Web Developer, UI Developer or similar role, demonstrated with a portfolio of work
- High level of experience building custom themes in Magento and familiarity with Magento coding standards
- Ability to code pixel-perfect, responsive CSS3-based layouts
- Familiarity with Linux
- RESTful API usage and specification
- Regular use of git for version control
- Familiarity working with a web server, ftp, and terminal/SSH
- Familiar with software development lifecycle
- Cross browser testing experience
- Familiar with design principles and usability for mobile and web-based front end engineering
- Ability to learn new technologies and software as necessary
- Understanding of DNS principles as related to launching and migrating websites and their services
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to take direction, remain organized, communicate effectively and work autonomously
- Ability to gracefully receive constructive feedback
- Self-directed, curious, motivated, and resourceful in a fast paced environment
- 100% remote position for a nationally distributed team
- Competitive compensation
- Upward mobility in a rapidly growing agency with the possibility of this position transitioning into a full-time, W2 position with retirement, continuing education, and PTO benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $80.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Front-end development: 2 years (Preferred)
- CSS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Angular: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Community Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to engage the people they serve through programs and events; raise funds to enable their mission; and man
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.Are you an Programming enthusiast who has a background in writing? Interested in contributing anything from introductory guides to Python and SQL, to expert CSS or VB.Net code examples?Valnet Inc. is looking for content writ
Cayuse Shared Services (CSS) provides the back-office support services for the Cayuse Holdings family of companies. CSS provides services related to Finance, Compliance, Facilities, Human Resources, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Marketing and Legal. We also.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the hom
Liferay DeveloperAnd who better than you to join the Trianz family?At Trianz, we offer you an open and learning-oriented culture essential to emerge as a leader. Completely focused on the Digital Evolution philosophy and phenomenon, we view delivering our value proposition consis