With over 1,600 employees in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, India, and The Philippines, we know that our success is driven entirely by the people of Community Brands. Through professional opportunity, we strive to give each person a clear path to success and personal growth. We embrace diversity and believe that our differences in experience and perspective are the key to our sustained success.
The Staff Developer II position is responsible for writing application code to contribute to the full lifecycle of development from concept to post-production support and maintenance of server / OS / desktop / web / mobile applications and services. This position will develop application code, contribute to version-controlled source code repositories and will managed assigned tasks to create measurable value and deliver software to market using industry recognized agile methodologies and best practices. The Staff Developer II will be responsible for coding according to prescribed standards and guidelines set forth by the architects and leadership teams and must demonstrate quality, brevity and timeliness in all deliverables.
A Day in the Life:
- Implementation (setup, configuration, testing & deployment) of client solutions built on one of Ai’s 3 Platforms: Ai-Evolution, Ai-Logistics & HighmarksCE.
- Customize graphical design and layout of client web site using HTML, CSS and other front-end web technologies.
- Contribute to lifecycle Flow and value streams by following prescribed methodologies and best practices.
- Maintain balance of business and technical acumen in decision making.
- Follow source-code management and work item tracking best practices.
- Contribute to the estimation process during planning exercises.
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy.
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Required Education and Experience
- 4+ years professional experience performing software development tasks including coding and QA.
- Comprehensive knowledge with respect to the following:
- ColdFusion and related MVC frameworks
- Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Graphical design and image editing tools such Adobe Photoshop, Sketch or Gimp.
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira, Teamwork
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Ability to collaborate on requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Walking, lifting, manage use of technology, equipment operation. Must be able to utilize standard office equipment, i.e. desktop computer, monitor, keyboard, and telephone system. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel/Environment
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand. Some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected. Must be flexible to manage minimal travel. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as remote work when needed.
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff helps to remove barriers and encourage students to forge their path to a better future. Common App is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the purs
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.Are you an Programming enthusiast who has a background in writing? Interested in contributing anything from introductory guides to Python and SQL, to expert CSS or VB.Net code examples?Valnet Inc. is looking for content writ
Cayuse Shared Services (CSS) provides the back-office support services for the Cayuse Holdings family of companies. CSS provides services related to Finance, Compliance, Facilities, Human Resources, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Marketing and Legal. We also.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the hom
Liferay DeveloperAnd who better than you to join the Trianz family?At Trianz, we offer you an open and learning-oriented culture essential to emerge as a leader. Completely focused on the Digital Evolution philosophy and phenomenon, we view delivering our value proposition consis
More jobs by this company
Community Brands - leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizationsCommunity Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to enga