Location: Your manager works remotely, and you’ll also be able to work remotely from anywhere in the US.
Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is looking for a creative and self-motivated web developer who can do more than just color in between the lines.
You need to be detail-orientated. We’re looking for a craftsperson who cares about code quality, performance, and all the tiny touches that combine into the alchemy of a great end result. Our ideal candidate has a UX mindset that doesn’t just "color things in" but can imagine how things will behave, adapt, and respond in the real world with real users. You have enough mechanical know-how to turn your visions into reality.
You should have project and people skills. You’ll be working in a small team which means that everyone does a little bit of everything. We like it that way — and hope you will too. That means you’ll need to be a proactive collaborator, ready to communicate with colleagues from different teams within Appfire.
What You'll Accomplish:
- 5+ years experience in a full-time Web Developer role
- Experience leading projects from initial concept to completion
- Be familiar with a modern front-end development stack (SASS, node, gulp etc.)
- Already have experience learning new languages and modern Front End MV* applications such as React and Angular and keen to apply your skills to new environments if a better solution becomes available
- Be used to managing code in Git/Bitbucket, tickets in Asana, and your work in a Kanban environment
- Be able to communicate and validate ideas in a variety of formats depending on the project, including sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
- Experience working in a remote environment
- CMS applications — in particular Wordpress
- Ability to work and update an evolving design system
- Prototyping and design tools such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Atlassian software such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience in A/B testing and using Google Optimize, or similar tools a big plus
Why a Career at Appfire?
We've Got You Covered:
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location:For Those Who Work At Home - Various, Ohio 44145Our Digital team custom builds Key’s Consumer Online Banking, Mobile Banking,and Account Originations apps. We bring the concept of Financial Wellness and Money Management to more than 3 million people across the coun
About UsCommunity Brands - leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizationsCommunity Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools
PixelMill is excited to announce that we are expanding and actively searching for a Senior SharePoint & Microsoft 365 Developer to join our team.Who We’re SeekingPixelMill is looking for an experienced software developer with an extensive background in enterprise softwa
Company DescriptionDynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With automatic and intelligent observability at scale, our all-in-one platform delivers precise answers about the performance and security of applicatio
Who We AreAt Circa Lighting, our passion for excellence encompasses the quality and design of the products we offer, the experience we provide to our clients and our commitment to bringing their lighting visions to life. We are a source of expertise, guidance and inspiration for.
More jobs by this company
We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps! Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from pr