CivicPlus is a high-growth technology company committed to creating more positive civic experiences. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011.
Headquartered in Manhattan, Kansas, CivicPlus maintains satellite offices in Marlborough, Massachusetts, Tallahassee, Florida, Portland, Oregon, and New Haven, Connecticut, and has remote staff nationwide. Across all our in-office and remote locations, we foster fun, fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative environments.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We believe that diversity drives innovation. The best companies, like the best communities, foster environments in which everyone feels safe to be themselves. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to attracting and retaining those who share our mission of helping government work better through an employee development strategy built on equity and equal opportunity. We promise to foster a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected, appreciated, and welcome so that together, we create technology to build a better community.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
We Offer You
- An opportunity to help build technology solutions used by over 7,000 local governments and their citizens
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Our core values: purpose-driven, ambitious, trustworthy, team-player, and innovative
- The ability to work with and be inspired by colleagues who share your passion for using technology to improve citizen experiences
A Technical Support Engineer (I) provides exceptional customer service and technical support for all CivicPlus products. CivicPlus uses email, support tickets, live chat, and phone call-based channels to provide world-class support and customer service to clients. The Software Support Engineer (I) must be able to communicate effectively and provide technical solutions across all channels of client inquiry.
We’ll expect you to
- Front-line customer-facing work that supports and configures the software used in government system implementations.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with peers, management, and customers.
- Provide excellent customer service, technical troubleshooting, and problem resolution with user-friendly explanations.
- Document all reported issues and ticket information via ticket management software
- Escalate incidents that cannot be resolved based on specified time frames to relevant team members
- Take ownership of reported technical issues. Identify, communicate, and utilize appropriate resources to resolve respective issues.
- Become a knowledge expert to update and maintain data integrity of various internal database systems used by CivicPlus
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be pro-active and a self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused to anticipate client needs and concerns
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple task/deadlines
- Driven to improve through training, personal growth, and other means
- Degree in Information System Technology or comparable experience (Preferred)
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About UsCommunity Brands - leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizationsCommunity Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools
Come join our expanding Digital Media department! The Digital Media Developer works closely with the Digital Media and Editorial teams to develop and deliver G-W?s digital content. This individual will demonstrate strong technical and design skills, along with a solid understandi
Create customer value.We believe that business growth starts with a fantastic product that people want to use. And with Publitas, we aim to create an exceptional experience for shoppers by publishing inspirational catalogs online. We also give our customers, leading retailer
About the Company:Celebrating the 36th year of serving our equipment dealership customers in the Agriculture, Construction, Material Handling, Equipment Rental, Aggregate, and Industrial industries with our web-based dealership management software, we have the rock-solid foundati
Recro is seeking motivated, developers passionate about ServiceNow solutions to support existing and prospective clients.LocationRemoteRequiredUS CitizenshipOverviewBe well versed with the application deployment and configuration baselines, and understanding of how the applicatio