We are looking for a User Experience Architect to join our design team. This person is a team leader who understands theory but strives for practical solutions, creatively solves problems, and plans with a strategic focus in mind. The ideal candidate is a product-minded design leader who can take charge from project kickoff to final delivery.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The successful candidate will be able to work remotely or out of our Philadelphia office, as desired. Occasional client visits in the Greater Philadelphia Area may be requested.
At Arcweb, you’ll be:
- Leading the design on 1-3 software projects simultaneously, from strategy to implementation.
- Leading cross-disciplinary, participatory design workshops with client and internal teams.
- Assisting in defining, collecting, prioritizing and grooming product requirements.
- Turning those requirements into clickable wireframe prototypes, which you’ll present and iterate on.
- Collaborating with the engineering team and project managers to manage scope, budget and timeline.
- Collaborating with engineers to ensure your designs are buildable in an efficient manner.
Individuals who thrive in this role:
- Have shipped software, whether as a consultant or as part of an internal team.
- Can work independently, managing and prioritizing their own workload.
- Communicate crisply, concisely and completely, whether orally, via email/Slack, or in a discovery report.
- Work iteratively, and treat every design decision as a hypothesis ready to be tested and validated or pivoted.
- Believe that great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of department or job title. They’re comfortable with a participatory, cross-disciplinary design process.
- Treat a whiteboard as an outboard brain, and would rather sketch out a nebulous idea than discuss it.
- Have a working knowledge of the concepts necessary to build modern web and mobile UIs (HTML/CSS/JS, inheritance, responsive/adaptive design, component reuse, etc.)
- Understand how the designs they propose will transfer to engineering. (Actual coding chops are strictly a nice-to-have, and you will not be asked to write shippable code as a job requirement.)
- Have a portfolio that communicates the thinking behind your design decisions.
Benefits of Working at Arcweb
- Team-oriented, collaborative environment encouraging continuous learning and ambition
- Competitive salary, 401k, and health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Opportunity to work in-office and/or remotely; flexible work schedule
- Macbook Pro will be provided for your business activities
- Professional development opportunities including certifications, trainings, skill growth
- Gym membership reimbursement, team lunches, and social events
Arcweb’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Arcweb strives to design and build products that are accessible and useful to diverse audiences. To do that well, we need a workforce that’s more representative of the users we serve and the Philadelphia community that we’re proud to be a part of. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
Arcweb offers equitable benefits like paid parental leave, an office-optional policy, and a flexible work schedule. In addition, Arcweb has a dedicated internal DEI Committee that works closely with employees to foster a better workplace for all.
About Arcweb Technologies
Based in the heart of Philadelphia’s growing tech community, Arcweb Technologies is a strategy, design, engineering and product management consultancy. We specialize in mobile and web product development for startups and the enterprise.
Our team consists of some of the best technical and innovative minds in the region. We are product specialists committed to building applications that not only provide value to our customers, but also to the community at large. (Team and community health and safety are Arcweb’s highest priorities, and Arcweb follows all recommended guidelines.)
We design and develop comprehensive products and solutions for a variety of enterprises, ranging from startups to Fortune 20 companies. We are committed to a philosophy that blends agile software development practices with lean startup methodologies and are relentlessly focused on meeting budget, timeline, and scope requirements.
We look for smart polyglots, positive attitudes, and commitment to production readiness. We're product specialists and we constantly launch new products for startups and billion dollar companies. If you join the team of Arcwebers, you'll build your portfolio of companies, products, frameworks, and languages faster than most companies in Philadelphia.
If you have the desire to learn, grow, and lead, come join our team. We have big ideas, and are looking for big thinkers!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Senior Product Designer will work with our product managers, developers, restaurant customers, and across our other teams to handle interaction and interface obstacles. We are looking for someone who loves bringing visual design to
Solutions Consultants are responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Zendesk sales cycle. SC’s must be both sales focused and technically savvy. They must be successful selling to Enterprise and Mid Market executives, and convincing C-level and
Anderson Business Advisors is an education company that specializes in business planning, tax planning, estate planning, and asset protection.Serving clients nationally since 1997, Anderson Advisors is growing at a phenomenal rate, and we owe this success to our people, services,
Summary:Maintains close continuous support of assigned accounts to ensure high customer satisfaction and retention through systematic customer contact, training activities, and implementation of new programs requirements. Actively works with assigned accounts to identify growth o
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITYThe Online Learning Consultant will drive the initiatives to expand the Internews learning management system (LMS) and support the development of online courses and meetings. The role requires skills in facilitating online trainings, employing instructional d