TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
- Establish working partnerships with customers and their development teams
- Spend time on calls, listening and talking to customers
- Understand the technical requirements and needs of a customer during the onboarding process
- Work closely with the TaxJar API and be an expert on our integrations, including ERP integrations, using the TaxJar API
- Work across teams and provide thoughtful workarounds for customers using excellent communication skills to explain any pros and cons to the customer
- Share feedback with the Professional team based on customer interactions to improve the product and onboarding experience
- Be knowledgeable about the near term roadmap and able to speak to it with customers
- Patiently and enthusiastically teach a customer about sales tax and TaxJar’s products via phone or email
- Work with Account Managers to identify key Professional accounts
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Have experience working with APIs
- Have experience teaching and guiding customers to use APIs
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple language that can be easily understood by customers without sales tax knowledge
- Keen ability to dig into issues that are unfamiliar and report findings in a logical, organized manner
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with professionalism and care
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks as they arise
For this role, we’re looking for people who:
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Are open, accountable, and very receptive to feedback
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are positive and an exceptional team player - hungry, humble, and empathetic.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates.
Please visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work. You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: