The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing repair & technical support to Windstream customers that utilize a broad portfolio of products and cloud services. The Technical Support Specialist will primarily support one of Windstream’s strategic products, the OfficeSuite UC platform, a cloud-based voice and communications suite of products. Primary technical responsibilities will include troubleshooting portal configuration issues, equipment configuration issues, connectivity issues between Windstream-managed phones/CPE, and the cloud platform. These services are provided over a variety of transport/access media and the Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting facilities, data and voice services where Windstream is the WAN provider, along with intermediate support and diagnostics of customer LANs. Additionally, Windstream continues to support legacy services which fall within the scope of the position. The prospective Technician will work troubles reported by frontline support teams, automated service monitors, as well as customer-initiated trouble reports through customer portals, while communicating progress and resolution to customers as work is being completed. The Technician will work extensively with vendors, internal engineering teams, and Windstream personnel in the field and at customer locations to troubleshoot troubles from the Windstream core/edge/voice-switch network to the Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trouble ticket ownership for assigned tickets including working the issue to resolution, communicating updates to the customer via outbound phone calls, emails, or a combination of the two as desired by the customer
- Responding to inbound calls from customers and frontline support teams to troubleshoot customer issues, particularly as part of our "First Call Resolution" (FCR) process within a call center environment
- Detailed documenting of all actions taken to resolve a customer’s trouble within trouble ticket(s)
- Troubleshooting portal configurations, errors with Mitel and Polycom phones and conference units, including SIP endpoint hardware-based and software-based clients
- Troubleshooting of managed CPE troubles on Cisco, Adtran, Actelis and various other CPE routers and firewalls
- Testing & troubleshooting of facility troubles, as well as general layer 2 and layer 3 customer-network troubleshooting as it relates to Windstream-managed CPE (routers, switches, phones, etc.)
- Execute Tier 3-level changes to CPE configurations for Windstream-managed routers and firewalls
- Coordinate customer repair actions including dispatching appropriate vendor/field technicians to assist in troubleshooting Windstream-managed CPE and verifying operability of services through the network to the customer’s CPE
- Troubleshooting of OfficeSuite service issues in regards to call routing, extension configurations, phone/feature functionality, audio issues, call queueing, call recording, tenant/site configurations, and connector applications including browser plug-ins, desktop and mobile applications/clients, etc.
- Troubleshooting customer voice issues from various legacy voice and soft switches including feature provisioning, translations, and number portability
- Use of call capture tools to identify call setup failure/completion troubles and troubleshooting QoS problems
- Other duties as assigned
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related telephony experience required.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Translation and Digital Communications AnalystAdvertised on behalf of :Location : Home BasedApplication Deadline : 10-Aug-21 (Midnight New York, USA)Time left : 15d 7h 53mType of Contract : IPSA (Regular)Post Level : IPSA-9Languages Required : English FrenchStarting Date :(date w
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) you will be managing a portfolio of clients who use our MasterSpec, MasterWorks, and e-SPECS specifications writing software. In this role you will be the “face” of Deltek, as you will be the first point of contact for any questions
ModSquad has partnered with multiple top tier brands/clients across the globe and we need the best of the best in Ticket Customer Support!Do you have a Ticket Customer Support background?Do you enjoy work-from-home and flexible schedules?ModSquad is seeking Mod Contractors to joi
At Deltek, we deliver software and information solutions that enable superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration. In this role, you will be providing application support for Deltek’s Vison and Vantagepoint solutions, which are built specifically fo
About the job: Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave's complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline all their communication, payments and marketing - all from.
Job SummaryThis role is will assist in the development of the enterprise business architecture (EBA), which represents the requirements, principles and models for the enterprise's people, financials, processes and organizational structure. This position will work with a range of.
Marketing ExperienceWe are looking for a technical customer support manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to learn marketing analytics technology, interact with unique successful customers of ours, and be able to impact our future direction with collected
Who is CarAdvise:CarAdvise is an emerging marketplace that is changing the way consumers maintain and service their vehicles. Let's face it, getting car care is a hassle and is not a trusted industry. Our online platform makes car care an easier, more trustworthy and affordable p
Service Desk Technician Level 3The Service Desk Technician Level 3 shall:1. Provide customer or technical support by collecting trouble tickets, analyzing issues,carrying out solutions, escalating issues, and tracking to completion.2. Be experienced with supporting IT desktop inf
DescriptionWe are looking for mid-to-senior Salesforce Administrators with demonstrated experience providing technical analysis, implementation, and delivery of key revenue strategies. This position will contribute to both daily tactical work and strategic initiatives for our cus
More jobs by this company
Responsible for meeting customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management, specializing in Windstream’s quoting and product catalog applications. Includes development initiatives, implementation, configuration and deployment of custom appl
Description - ExternalWindstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.This is a key position in the IT Applications organi