Provides remote response and on-site advanced level software support to analyze, troubleshoot and manage tool down escalations and provide performance improvements solutions for semiconductor processing equipment in a clean room environment at customer sites. This position is primarily focused on Etch ControlWorks Software.
- Provides strategic technical leadership and direction by leveraging technical knowledge of Lam's products and an understanding of the customer’s long-term manufacturing needs and equipment support strategy.
- Collaborates with Software Engineers, Product management, Field Engineers, and Customers.
- Communicates as a subject matter expert on high level technical issues.
- Supports customer escalations by providing guidance and recommending solutions, collaborating with other team members and development teams to resolve issues. Drives required actions at the customer site to resolve escalations and prevent repeat problems. Leads customer escalation meetings. Provides clear problem information back to SW Product Group to resolve software defect issues.
- Interacts with Customers, Product Groups, Field Sales, Business Development and other organizations to ensure closure of product issues. Works closely with Account General Manager, Customer Support and other senior level leaders.
- Ability to understand and test customer software scenarios.
- Domestic and International travel is required based on business needs approximately 25%.
- Participates in Lam’s worldwide technical community and actively shares knowledge and takes a leadership position to enhance worldwide learning and its application.
- Acts as technical mentor for field and account engineers and may design or conduct training sessions.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Develops customer confidence through credible recommendations and an understanding of the customer’s perspective to support sales, service and revenue.
- BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years experience in software support
- Use of computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and custom data analysis software
- Formulate root cause hypothesis, analysis, and create action plans to ensure successful problem resolution
- Provide quality remote and on-site escalation support and escalation management.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and coordinate multiple technical tasks.
- Excellent communication skills to work directly with customers to meet their needs and expectations
- Communicate with customer at a technical level and influence customer decision to follow action plans
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers and adhere to customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety with minimal supervision
- Able to work in constrictive clean room environment, wearing appropriate personal protective safety equipment as required, and sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Work flexible shifts and on-call including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to travel both domestic and internationally based on business needs.
- Familiar with the SW structure and the ability to troubleshoot from the Control Works level
- Acquainted with Analog-to-Digital I/O devices IOC, SIOC, EIOC, and how they interact with the Tool Platform SW Package
- Knowledge of the directory structure, and the ability to troubleshoot the structure
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Technical Project Manager manages all phases of service delivery including: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resources (including
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors and our extended
Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agil
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.Driven by a mission to expand acce
Robotic Field Service Specialist IISalaried Position – Exempt – Full-Time – Can be RemoteHouse of Design LLC, a robotics system integrator in Nampa, Idaho, is seeking an exceptional Robotic Field Service Specialist II who can lead our efforts to develop and impl
Description:ABOUT OUR COMPANYWe are a young and energetic software company, currently seeking to grow our amazing team! In this position, you will have the opportunity to influence and help the continued development of an innovative Software-as-a-Service product that is aiming to
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most ou