In this role, you will partner with the Sales team in supporting overall deal management, structuring, pricing, financial modeling and analysis. Success in the role requires the ability to work across organizations, with a customer centric sense of urgency. The role may also support account teams during customer facing meetings.
- Work cross-functionally to develop business, pricing, and analytical support to Sales for large, complex, and/or non-standard transactions.
- Translate the value proposition of Medidata’s offering into deal structures that assist the sales representatives in negotiating the most favorable terms and conditions for Medidata.
- Manage complex deal structures, working closely with Sales representatives to articulate customer requirements, the business case, and deal value to several stakeholders across Medidata.
- Serve as the trusted advisor to the field on pricing, margins, deal structure, and business terms.
- Provide a “hands-on” approach to complex situations or escalations and work cross-functionally (e.g. Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) to provide a resolution while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process.
- Manage approval process for non-standard, most complex and high visibility sales transactions to meet customer’s critical business requirements while expediting sales velocity, and adhering to Medidata’s operational policies and accounting & legal practices.
- Ensure that complex transactions are operationalized and communicated to all relevant parties to provide visibility and awareness to support efficient implementation end to end.
- Partner with pricing team to provide analysis around trends in customer requests and pricing;
- Continuously develop new standards on deal management for internal review and implementation.
- Strong Quantitative and Analytics skills.
- Well versed in sales methodologies and their application to the team selling environment
- Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams, customers, and executive management.
- Ability to analyze and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing and licensing situations.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis is essential in performing the role successfully.
- Team player: experience working across functions to deliver customer/prospect/client facing pricing proposals.
- Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results oriented.
- Able to synthesize many threads of information to generate strategic and financial insight.
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5-8 years experience with complex software solutions and SaaS
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Technical Project Manager manages all phases of service delivery including: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resources (including
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors and our extended
Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agil
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.Driven by a mission to expand acce
Robotic Field Service Specialist IISalaried Position – Exempt – Full-Time – Can be RemoteHouse of Design LLC, a robotics system integrator in Nampa, Idaho, is seeking an exceptional Robotic Field Service Specialist II who can lead our efforts to develop and impl
Description:ABOUT OUR COMPANYWe are a young and energetic software company, currently seeking to grow our amazing team! In this position, you will have the opportunity to influence and help the continued development of an innovative Software-as-a-Service product that is aiming to
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most ou
More jobs by this company
>www.medidata.com.Medidata: Conquering Diseases TogetherMedidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics co
>www.medidata.com.Your Mission:In this role, the Technical Content Strategist will be responsible for user documentation that accompanies the assigned software product or products. The Technical Content Strategist will:Apply Technical Communication fundamentals to assigned doc