The Evaluation Data Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of sustainable data collection, data analysis, and data use processes related to evaluation. This individual is responsible for interfacing with staff at all levels of the organization to ensure data systems are functional, useful and consistent across departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the department’s point person for issues related to data collection and analysis
- Routinely check on the status and function of system connections
- Manage databases and data trackers and implement system changes as needed
- Support the work of MICC’s interdepartmental evaluation team
- Maintain effective and professional communication with individuals inside and outside of MICC
- Maintain confidentiality and promote respect for all MICC students, graduates, staff, families, donors and others
- Demonstrate sound judgement, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Other duties as assigned
Areas of Responsibility
Data Collection and Maintenance
- Maintain and update the department’s evaluation databases including the comprehensive tracker database, the master demographic database, and the University of Minnesota’s and MICC’s collaborative evaluation database
- Update data collection tools across all departments to reflect organizational changes such as enrollment updates, goal and target updates, staff changes, etc.
- Develop a schedule to regularly update and manage system connections within MICC’s primary evaluation software, Power BI
- Support staff when issues arise with data entry or data connections within Power BI, Power Automate, SharePoint, Microsoft Forms, etc.
- Maintain and create Power Automate flows to increase the efficiency of data collection
- Assist with implementation and use of new and existing technology and software resources
- Ensure data collection tools and processes are centralized, formalized and in adherence with department policies
- Assist with the implementation and data collection of new and existing standard evaluation processes such as Beck Depression and Anxiety inventories, Vineland Adaptive Behavior assessment
- Clean and enter evaluation data as needed
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Maintain and update the Evaluation department’s reporting calendar
- Support staff in the creation of data visuals for marketing and presentation purposes
- Pull accurate and up to date stats for grant writing, reporting, or other related purposes
- Support with data analysis and reporting related to discrete evaluation projects
- Participate in goal development meetings and evaluation team meetings to better support each department’s data needs
Skills and Abilities
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and good judgment
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational, employee, family and student information
- Demonstrate professionalism in work performance and communication with others
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Nonprofit Management (or related field) or possess equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in data entry and database management analyzing quantitative and qualitative data required.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office products-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Power BI or another comparable system.
- Experience with program evaluation within nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Desire to work in an environment that supports individuals with learning differences and autism spectrum disorders.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: