Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Role: Software Engineering Lead
Team: Big Data (DOS Engineering)
Location: US Remote
Travel: <5%, US
Who you are:
- You are a servant leader that jumps in and helps teams solve complex problems.
- You appropriately delegate responsibility to your team members, so that they can both contribute their expertise to the product and have opportunities to grow and improve.
- You lead by example, sharing in the work and responsibilities you ask your team members to bear.
- You network and collaborate with others inside and outside of your group to solve complex problems that cross organizational boundaries.
- You invest time and effort to learn about new and changing technologies.
- You make your team better by mentoring others, constructively reviewing Pull Requests, testing software, and taking support rotations.
- You learn about the big picture, including how your software is used and how it fits into the company strategy.
- You foster a team culture where people express their opinions, even when they disagree with the rest of the group.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place by building great software.
What you’ll own:
- You will lead a team of developers in designing, developing, and supporting products and features related to the creation, execution, and management of data pipelines.
- You will own components of the Health Catalyst data platform that enable cloud-based storage and compute.
- You will provide support for the software owned by your team, including participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- You will understand and contribute to designs and strategies for the broader organization.
- You will manage the performance of your team members, including helping them continually improve and addressing performance issues when they arise.
- You will perform people management functions such as conducting 1:1 interviews, hiring new team members, and approving expenses.
- You will establish and maintain a team culture including hard-work, humility, and cooperation.
Experience you’ll need:
- Senior-level software development
- Cloud-based PaaS solutions
- Distributed storage
- Massively parallel processing
Technologies and tools you may use and interact with here:
- Cloud Storage/Compute – Spark (or Snowflake)
- Azure Resources – Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, Blob Storage, App Service, Databricks, Data Factory, and more
- Developer Tools – Git, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio
- Frameworks/Standards – OAuth2, OData, Jupytr
Languages in use here that you may be involved with:
- C# / .NET
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst .
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: