Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
LOCATION: This role is remote eligible within the United States. If located in Jacksonville, FL some onsite may be required.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of Big Data solutions including collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing data following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Works closely with product teams in development and implementation of application programs leveraging the Hadoop software framework having impact on improving the business. Involved in the full systems life cycle, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides design & development of projects involving Hadoop application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assesses and develops design requirements for projects and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
- Reviews test results and directs further development.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principal developer.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Any Agile Certifications or specific SAFe certifcations such as SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Practitioner (SP) a plus
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark etc. required
- Experience with Java required
- Experience with Python preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS a plus
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement desired
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience with building processes supporting ingestion, data transformation, and workload management
- Experience with source code management tools such as TFS or Git
- Working knowledge of message queuing and stream processing frameworks desired
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Applications Programmer III
Advanced professional level role. Works independently on medium to large development projects that require an in-depth technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact. Works on multiple projects as a project team member and frequently as a project team leader. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires six (6) or more years of programming/systems analysis experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
Time Type:Full time
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: