This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in multiple areas to Infinera’s success in developing, deploying, and managing the world’s leading optical communications systems. Our small but growing team has two areas of focus: Automation and Big Data applications. Can be remote in US or Canada
Our software stacks are built using Python, SQL, Google Cloud, DevOps pipelines and Open Source, Docker, YAML, JSON, and to be phased-out legacy C#. The automation development includes the opportunity to automate NETCONF/YANG, RESTCONF, gRPC, and CLI for Infinera's latest world class Network Elements. We are building an ecosystem where other developer/users can leverage our shared infrastructure. Our Big Data development includes ML, Google Cloud, multiple database types, and server less technology. Our Big Data application manages real-time system data for H/W, F/W, and S/W subsystems.
We work with multi-disciplinary teams across Hardware, Firmware, and Software teams. We also work with field and customer teams. If you have educational, project, and/or work experience and interest in these areas we would love to talk to you. We do not expect you to have experience in all of the areas in this job posting: If this opportunity interests you, please reach out and let's have a conversation about your career development and our team's mission.
Education /Qualification: Candidates will likely have a bachelor’s degree or higher in CE, CS, EE Engineering with good academics and project/lab/customer-service experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Design, Develop and Maintain automation and Big Data platforms for internal and external customers. Utilize agile and DevOps practices to deliver software services incrementally. Develop domain knowledge in optical systems. Collaborate across teams and functions. Bring out the best in your team members and yourself.
- Experience/coursework in Python(or an equivalent programming language) software development. Full stack experience preferred.
- DevOps experience desired: Git,pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, other), Docker Microservices, Ansible, YAML, JSON, Open Source experience in Linux.
- Experience/coursework in database and Cloud development.
- Experience in a lab setting at school or work is a plus.
- Knowledge or interest in Optical Networks: OTN, Ethernet, GMPLS, DWDM, Cloud Automation based features [YANG, NETCONF, RESTCONF, gRPC], System Security.
Experience Necessary for Success:
- Experience building projects with modern Open Source/Cloud methods and tools
- Flexible, innovative, and driven to develop software that helps others
- Highly motivated team player
- Interest in learning about Optical Networking
- Develop a shared automation platform to control optical systems and simulators via NETCONF/YANG, RESTCONF, gRPC, and CLI.
- Develop a Google Cloud based Big Data application using Big Query.
- Use Agile and DevOps processes and tools to maintain and enhance the automation and Big Data platforms.
- Work with team members to prioritize incremental improvements often.
- Work with internal and external customers to understand their pain-points and opportunities to greatly improve their work-flow.
- An opportunity to join a small team with an out-sized impact across the organization.
- Learning through building and using Open SW Architectures and Next Gen Optical Products.
- Tight cooperation with other disciplines and an agile organization
- International opportunities and internal advancement
- Social and wellness activities and clubs
- A diverse, friendly, and helpful work environment
- Highly competent and motivated colleagues
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: