Job Title:Sr Big Data Engineer ll
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer II to utilize their industry knowledge, technical skills, and passion for data to work closely with executive stakeholders and our data engineering team developing solutions that support and optimize business operations. We are solving a variety of Big Data challenges and modernizing legacy data loaders as well as exploring the benefits and tradeoffs of other cutting-edge tools. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of duties including Apache Spark / Pyspark and Hadoop platform components, understanding our data, application design and development, and ensuring accuracy and consistency of data.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and/or management in an enterprise environment within finance, operations, or analytics.
- Experience with Apache, Data Warehouse, Spark, Pyspark, among other big data tools.
- Experience with tools like MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, etc.
- Experience with at least one language (e.g. Python, C#, Scala, Java).
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Data streaming experience with Kafka / Kinesis or similar tools.
- Experience with storage platforms like HDFS, S3.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like HBase / Cassandra / MongoDB.
- Experience with cloud platforms for data processing like Cloudera Public Cloud / Azure Databricks / AWS.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, including hands-on experience with Python, R, SAS, Matlab, Machine Learning, AI.
- Knowledge of C#, Object-Oriented Programming, GraphQL Query API.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Stored Procedures
- Experience working with large datasets (1B+ Records)
- Knowledge of Tableau / BI Reporting Tools
- Identify and onboard new data sources. Collaborate with data vendors and internal stakeholders to define requirements and build interfaces. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with data feeds.
- Build Spark data pipelines using Python / Pyspark / Hadoop / Hive / Presto.
- Review your coworker’s projects and provide mentoring to other members of the team.
- Oversee and help architect ETL pipelines and data warehouse/data mart solutions.
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot the various platforms and technologies that run our ETL processes.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive controls to ensure data quality and completeness.
- Develop logical data models and processes to transform, cleanse, and normalize raw data into high-quality datasets aligned with our analytical requirements
Time Type:Full time
Please Note: Job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado, USA.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Game AnalyticsFrom indie developers, games studios to established publishers, GameAnalytics is currently the #1 analytics tool for anyone building a mobile game. Our network is approaching 100,000 games, which are played by more than 1 billion people each month.What's our m
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to
This position establishes, maintains, and communicates standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. This position documents data flows, data mappings, performs data lineage analysis as required by various enterprise pro
About SureSwift CapitalWe acquire SaaS businesses from independent founders and take them to the next stage of growth. Our business model is to own and grow SaaS businesses by expanding features, attracting new customers, and ensuring existing customers’ happiness.About Mai
What You’ll DoArchitecture design, API design, data modeling.Stream data processing and distributed systems.Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of proj
More jobs by this company
Job Title:Security AnalystJob DescriptionWork closely with systems and network engineering, enterprise applications, and software development in designing solutions, performing security reviews, developing strategy, and driving security projects to reduce the risk to client corpo
Job Title:SR BIJob DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders in developing descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics solutions.Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actio