Job Title:AWS Engineer
Role Overview:As a AWS Data and Cloud Engineer, you will provide solutions that create standards and efficiency across the ecosystem. You will build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy and run their software. You will develop software applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development. You will use current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform debugging of applications.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Inspire creativity and research in the area of cloud operations and software engineering
- Provide guidance to the team by architecting cloud solutions, resolving technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying coding standards.
- Be a cloud champion by striving for excellence and driving improvements within the team.
- Communicate and share information that flows both up to management and down to the team
- Develop data engineering solutions with code and using cloud services; work with data in multiple formats across structured and unstructured sources (JSON, files, databases, etc.)
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop solutions in an Agile environment.
- Determine Framework for Big Data Automation
- Work with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of coding into the SDLC
- Research and learn about the latest technologies and trends
- Be a technical and solution expert in the areas of building Big Data Management, Data on Cloud, AWS Data Services AI / Machine learning capabilities in Data Platforms
- Provide direct, honest, and constructive developmental feedback to achieve career growth
- Be a technical resource for the team regarding security, performance, deployment, troubleshooting, or testing of the full interaction the Cloud with our platform
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that cloud adoption is managed / governed following industry standards
- Agility within a large, matrixes organization
- 8+ years of related software engineering experience and hands-on with coding
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the data-on-cloud concepts
- Expertise in Big Data Technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Grafana, Jmeter
- Experience with Data base and Data warehouse technologies ( SQL, Non SQL . for eg : Redshift, Casandra, Auroroa, RDS, Dynamodb, SQL server)
- Experience with modern programming languages like Ruby, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash & Shell, etc.
- Work with big data cloud technologies like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Knowledge of data management and analytics
- SQL programming and experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Building Blocks for Business is a Benefit Enrollment Firm and Voluntary Benefits Broker designed to help streamline HR administrative tasks for companies, no matter the size. Our customizable online virtual agent-assisted Benefits Administration System streamlines administrative.
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a fri
The Healthcare Services Concept Specialist provides support to assigned Segment Specialists by maintaining current audit concepts as well as provide support for the development process of new audit concepts performing the following essential duties:Responsible for the review and.
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to help transportation professionals and data analysts understand mobility behavior. Applying proprietary machine-learning algorithms to over four trillion spatial data points over time, StreetLight measures diverse travel patte
You are the architecture lead for our most critical projects or services. A technologist at heart, you are passionate about planning and building compelling services and products. You will motivate and inspire a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT soluti
More jobs by this company
Job Title:Software Development Engineer, C++ or Python Remote UKRole Overview:We are looking for an accomplished Software Development Engineer to join the Data Protection Cloud Services (DPCS) engineering team in Aylesbury. Reporting to the Engineering Director, the focus of this
Job Title:Accessibility SpecialistRole Overview:McAfee is hiring an Accessibility Specialist Co-op for fall 2021. This is a remote Canada role. You will be working on live projects with the Consumer Products team.Company OverviewMcAfee is a leader in personal security for consume