Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
What you’ll experience:
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, information technology, engineering, or scientific field or the equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge on how IT solutions are constructed
- Solid understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
What sets you apart:
- Prior work experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst capturing, analyzing, and translating business requirements, specifications, processes, and business cases
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Duties and Tasks:
- Leads, plans, and executes small initiatives
- Plans and executes unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Partners with business end-user community and IT staff to refine, tune, train, promote adoption and optimize environment
- Investigates and evaluates alternatives for, and assess feasibility of, improvements in information, technology, process, and/or organizational systems
- Develops recommendations and business case rationales for investment in new or enhanced solutions
- Investigates, identifies, analyzes, and captures business systems, process, information, and other forms of detailed specifications & requirements
- Solicits and captures desired business outcomes, future strategies, demands, actions, and plans
- Qualifies incoming Demand Requests, including gathering all pertinent information about the request, verifying that it’s a valid request, estimating labor and all costs associated with the request. Utilize workflow tool to track and status the lifecycle of the request.
- Working with stakeholders, facilitate and prepare clear / concise business rationales for investment in new or enhanced business capability or initiatives. This may include requesting, calculating, analyzing, and presenting financial justifications, quotes, and projections such as Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) or Return on Investment (ROI) documents.
- Translates business requirements to technical specifications and interface with other technical staff to design, develop, and maintain solution
- Perform other forms of research, modeling, analysis, reporting, and presentation of alternatives / recommendations as job requires.
- Understands organizations, information, systems, policies, processes, metrics, opportunities, challenges, risks, and constraints
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Supports the development and delivery of solutions leveraging knowledge of business end-users, stakeholders, goals, requirements, current and desired future states
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Perform other duties as directed in line with department or business goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to act with little daily instruction on tasks of diverse scope using a seasoned professional understanding of the Business Systems Analysis discipline
- Ability to develop relationships and formal and informal networks to influence, coordinate, communicate, and organize groups/teams
- Ability to analyze situations, alternatives, proposals, designs, architectures, risks, data, systems, and constructs
- A solid familiarity with common software tools like Microsoft Visio to document business processes, systems, organizations, or contexts; Microsoft Excel for data analysis; Microsoft PowerPoint to create and present informational presentations; and other personal productivity software.
- Proven understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL queries for data transfer or business reporting preferred
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid oral & written communication skills
- Concise reporting to management / peers
- Ability to create user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, and test plans/cases
- Lean-Agile mindset proficient in the understanding and becoming familiar with the Lean-Agile mindset
- Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban) Proficient knowledge of the Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban)
Prior work experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst capturing, analyzing, and translating business requirements, specifications, processes, and business cases strongly desired
- Broad experience of systems and/or business analysis frameworks, methodologies, and tools
- History of providing work direction and leadership to others
- A history that illustrates flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and shows exposure to overcoming fundamental change obstacles
- Shows significant contribution within diverse teams across multiple projects or small initiatives to successfully achieve deliverables
- Developing solutions to a variety of challenging problems of broader scope and complexity, using established procedures
NOTE: This role can be supported remotely.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Genus Role ProfileRole ProfileRole Title: IT Business Intelligence Functional AnalystOverall Responsibilities:The person in this role works closely with business users and IT colleagues to identify & documentbusiness and customer requirements. They support the design, build/e
About usWe are a North American Management and IT Consulting Company comprised of highly specialized consultants with focus on Digital Strategy & Transformation, Cloud Computing, Big Data and Advanced Analytics.With focus on new client acquisition within Public Sector, Finance, I
Job Title:Research AnalystSupervisor’s Title: Outcomes Manager COMPANY VISIONAnyone needing longer-term care can have a high quality of life in their own setting through access to an excellent & valued health care team.COMPANY MISSIONProvide the best platform for the di
Planet Technology is currently working with a direct end-user client that is looking for a Workday Payroll Cutover Consultant to join them on a contract basis. The position will be 100% remote.The client is migrating their SAP Payroll to Workday Payroll with a go-live date mid-ne
About SureSwift CapitalYou made it. You found the dream job you’re looking for where people and culture come first. If that’s as important to you as it is to us then please keep reading.At SureSwift, we’re building the company we want to work for, and we’d
More jobs by this company
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Systems Administration, and/or related field or equivalent experience.Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:Imagine buildi
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 5 years of related experience or Master's degree and 3 years of related experience is required.Due to the nature of work performed within our facilit
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 2 years of related experience or Master's degree.Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship is required.Responsibilities f
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 5 years of related experience or Master's degree and 3 years of related experience.Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizens
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.Due to the nature.
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, Agile experience preferred, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master's STEM degree plus a min of 3 years of relevant experience.Due to the natur