Job Summary: The hands-on IT Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the high-performing Database Administration, Network, and Systems teams. Management of the company's 24/7/365 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) infrastructure, ensuring the company meets its tight Service Level Agreements (SLAs). To include but is not limited to the daily maintenance of the company's infrastructure, executing scripts, SQL maintenance jobs, backup, and restoration operations to preserve the company databases, maintaining the networking and telecommunications systems, and overseeing the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications/database servers.
- Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision
- Plans all activities related to server patch management, hardware upgrades, and maintenance windows used to keep systems current
- Determines system/service availability requirements based on agreed-upon SLAs, including downtime and maintenance windows
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and provides strategic solutions
- Manages day-to-day business of the operations team while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes
- Works closely with the Director of Operations on planning and departmental projects.
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics
- Identifies trends and assesses opportunities to improve processes and execution
- Raises and tracks issues, removes barriers, resolves problems of medium complexity involving stakeholders, and escalates to the appropriate level when required
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology
- Works closely with the management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the company are being properly executed in accordance with regulatory-based best practices
- Maintains and optimizes local company networks and servers
- Responsible for device and password management
- Oversees data backup and system security operations (e.g., user authorization, firewalls)
- Manages installations, upgrades, and configurations of hardware and software
- Assesses system performance and recommends improvements
- Resolves issues escalated by technicians and engineers
- Ensures data is handled, transferred, or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Manages contracts with vendors (e.g., development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
- Develops IT policies and practices
- Enhances the scalability and performance of existing database structures
- Conducts diagnostic tests and evaluates performance metrics
- Hires, supervises, and monitors the database development teams
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience with system installation, configuration, and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to make complex decisions with limited information
- Address operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction
- Developing and implementing operational procedures and policies
- Analyzing training needs/requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely to inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Strong IT skills, including database development
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Advance proficiency in structured query language
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualifications / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum 4 years of database administration experience in a technical environment
- Experience in the labor market or regulatory occupation industries preferred
- May also be assigned various projects and tasks as needed
- The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.Works on complex assignments.Design databases.
Job DescriptionFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: ,QC,Canada |Intrado’s Life & Safety group in Montreal is hiring a Database Developer to join our technology team!Intrado’s Life & Safety division is responsible.
PART-TIME (TEMPORARY) REMOTE POSITIONEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:Work on building, configuring, and deploying SQL databases.Ability to manage multiple Database Servers, including administration,.
Both C2C / W2Location- Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDuration- 12+ Months.Remote opportunity but Candidate must come to Onsite once in a Quarter.The applicant needs to have 10 years of recent SQL Server DBA experience (including 2 years' experience with SQL.
Myticas Consulting's direct client is looking for a SAP Crystal Reports Developer can work on 100% remote basis.Scope of the Project:One of our direct clients is looking for an SAP Crystal Reports Developer for a report migration project. The position.