ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Database Administrator to provide technical operational support, administration and maintenance of the production applications, applications platforms and infrastructure ensuring services meet operational targets, achieve high availability and performance. This position offers excellent self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and a strong work ethic. This position is 100% remote.
Developing processes for optimizing database security
- Setting and maintaining database standards
- Managing database access
- Managing performance tuning of database systems
- Installing, upgrading, and managing database applications
- Performing data modeling and optimization, preliminary data received from customer designs, data analysis, report writing from existing data using SQL (Structured Query Language) queries, and creation of new records and information updates as needed
- Installing and managing software
- Performing installation and maintenance of data into primary and third-party applications
- Provide technical support and training for team members
- Performing feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, and user training in response to user requests
- Performing team leader functions for projects involving multiple parties: managing deadlines; providing status reports; facilitating final testing and project sign-off
- Backing up local databases and file directories applications
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting database errors
- Recommending and implementing emerging database technologies
- Creating and managing database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Creating automation for repeating database tasks
- Assisting with SSL cert installation & troubleshooting
- Perform complete database environment installation, configuration, on-going administration support (IBM Informix, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- 7+ years’ experience in Server database maintenance and database administration or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Installing and maintaining the performance of database servers
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks on schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with people at every level. Comfortable writing down ideas, implementation plans and status reports
- Experience communicating and collaborating with developers, testers, systems engineer, DBAs, scrum masters, business owners and management
- Ability to work with technical writers giving the instructions for SOPs, and other release/operational documents
- Ability to work independently and with various other teams across the organization
- IBM Database Certification
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:We are seeking a Program Manager to join our team supporting the Defense Logistics Agency on a telework basis. This Task Order includes operations, and sustainment support for applications within the Recruit Training Center (RTC) Supply Chain.
Sr. Windchill Developer/ArchitectLocation : RemoteJob DescriptionMonitor and facilitate activities for development, enhancement, and continuous improvement for Windchill projectsWorking on activities and assignments for Windchill and provide expertise.
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.
Position: DB2 DBALocation: RemoteDuration: Full timeJob Description: DB2 installation on LUW OS platform, configuring HADR databases with TSA cluster,DB2 DB upgrades and applying Fix-Pack,Hands on experience in writing/troubleshooting shell scripts/Perl/python.
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial.
More jobs by this company
ActioNet is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer/Technology Specialist to provide mid level technical operational support, administration and maintenance of the production applications, Middleware platforms and infrastructure ensuring services meet operational.