Job DescriptionFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: , United States |
We are looking for a Database Administrator who is a self-starter, eager to learn new tools and product and who is flexible and has ability to work within an environment that is fast paced and with a distributed team.
Responsible for the entire day-to-day Database Administration of assigned platform, including troubleshooting, and resolving problems as they arise; develop plans and processes designed to improve long-term capabilities of system; ensure platform or system is always operating correctly without over-utilizing resources and is recognizing connections with other applicable machines on the network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Database Administration and Support - Provide a quality, high performance database processing environment by defining assigned database tables, queries, stored procedures, views, coordinating physical changes to computer databases in a timely manner while adhering to established departmental standards and procedures
- Assist with the tuning and performance of the database environment, determining optimum values for database attributes
- Monitor hardware resource utilization, recommending to management additional hardware necessary for forecasted levels, collaborating with staff to maximize performance
- Perform testing of designed transaction processing environment, testing for performance, stability, fail over, and new database versions
- Keep up to date on current and new releases of database platforms and technology, planning migration strategy accordingly
- Assist in the development of scripts, documentation, and procedures for database administration, testing, and production
- Ensure data integrity and security according to departmental standards and procedures
- Identify back up plan and content to ensure data is protected, ensuring data recovery is available and restored in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Database replication necessary
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, computer engineer or a related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in computer science or MIS required, preferably including database administration experience
- Based on area of responsibility and departmental need, knowledge of: one program platform Linux, Windows) is required and knowledge of SQL fundamentals (Informix,MS SQL Server) is preferred
- Based on departmental need, minimum 2 years’ experience with SQL Server database administration is needed.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel required
Benefits & Compensation
Want to love where you work? At Intrado, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes what you’d expect (medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, paid time off, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match and flexible spending accounts), and several that go above and beyond – tuition reimbursement paid parental leave, access to a robust library of personal and professional training resources, employee discounts, critical illness, hospital indemnity and pet insurances, identity protection and more! Apply today to join us in work worth doing!
For candidates located in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is $95,000 to $120,000 per year and will be commensurate with experience.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
What you'll doWhen our square shaped burgers made their first sizzle on the scene more than 50 years ago, people knew our approach wasn’t like any other. Same goes for the way we support our employees. Our culture of openness, flexibility, and inclusiveness.
HarmonyTech, Inc., is seeking a Senior Database Administrator. The Candidate is a smart and motivated individual, able to work in a collaborative and dynamic environment. This position is a responsible for administering, developing, and implementing.
Thanks for your interest in Children's Mercy!:Do you envision finding a meaningful role with an inclusive and compassionate team? At Children’s Mercy, we believe in making a difference in the lives of all children and shining a light of hope to the patients.
Role : Rocket Universal Database Admin LeadLocation : Orlando, FL 32819 (Fully remote)Duration : 12+ MonthsJob Description: · 10+ years of experience in rocket universal ( U2 ) database administration.· Design and maintain Universe files and environments,.
Company DescriptionJobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind.
Senior Programmer 33-05-2302Washington D.C. (remote)RB Consulting, Inc. ("RBCI") is a company that truly believes that workforce diversity is a major contributor to success. Since its inception, RBCI has made a concerted effort to attract and recruit.
CompanySentry Data SystemsSpecialityTechnologyCategoryPermanentLocation CountryUSOffice LocationHome based - USAdditional LocationsIntroduction to CranewareWe at the Craneware Group, including Sentry Data Systems and Agilum Healthcare Intelligence, are.
More jobs by this company
Job DescriptionFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: , India |Job Summary: Designs and develops assigned resources for enhancement and integration of new products and functionality. Performs efficient analysis and.
Job DescriptionFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Portland,OR,United States | Montreal,QC,CanadaFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Montreal (Canada) or Portland-OR (United.