The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for all activities related to the design, planning, deployment, implementation and administration of enterprise database systems in support of our GuidingCare® platform. GuidingCare® is a complete platform for patient-centered care, offering health plans and provider organizations easy-to-use, next-generation data integration and workflow management tools. This position is expected to be the database technical lead within our client-facing implementation team structure and sets best practices, approach and direction for the database technical aspects of our practice. The Senior DBA confers with the database manager and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. The qualified candidate will display excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, coordination and client management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with engineering and infrastructure team to determine where the databases will reside in multi-tier distributed/shared applications, comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful client database implementation. ensures solutions are properly architected and specified, and partners with the project manager to ensure quality.
- Manage and maintain very large databases (Several Terabytes)
- Define database authorization rules, perform security audit, and perform platform assessment regarding proper support for the selected databases. Read and implement entity-relationship diagrams
- Handle customer deployments and engage in problem solving activities with the customer.
- Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- Strong architectural knowledge of data warehousing methodologies to solve business intelligence challenges.
- Design and develop complex data models from high level business requirements. Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices for database design
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of SQL database technology experience
- 2 years of experience working with PowerShell
- 2 years of experience working with Commvault
- Working knowledge of Data De-Identification solutions
- In-depth experience with database installation, configuration and upgrade
- Well versed in Configuration and support of Windows Native Clustering and SQL Clustering and SQL Always ON technology
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes
- Expert level of performance and tuning skills
- Excellent knowledge of SQL database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance
- Possesses deep technical expertise in database design, ETL (SSIS), reporting, and analytics
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage instances with multiple operating system platforms
- Understanding of application development, database, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experiences in DW Appliances like Tableau will be a strong plus
- Experience in Big data technologies - Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL etc. is a strong plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
This is a night shift role (11pm-7am EST).
While our headquarter office located in Reston, VA you may live anywhere in the U.S. to apply for this position.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista, a HealthEdge company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: