PBLWorks, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (dba Buck Institute for Education) headquartered in Novato, California, is the industry leader in providing professional development, products, and resources related to Project Based Learning (PBL). PBLWorks creates, collects, and shares high-quality PBL tools and resources with K-12 teachers and leaders across the country. At PBLWorks, our vision is for all students — no matter where they live or what their background — to have access to quality PBL instruction to deepen their learning and achieve success in college, career, and life.
The A/R Senior Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the processing of accounts receivable, journal entries, revenue recognition, and other accounting and administrative tasks as needed. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant is a key position in a 5-person department that prepares the financial reports for a fast-paced organization.
Account Receivable/Revenue Tracking (65%)
- Invoicing for all PBLWorks customers
- Revenue recognition, deferred revenue, and compliance with ASC 606
- Collections and customer support as it relates to billings
- Billing and support for PBLWorks events
- Collaborate with Contract Administrator to record new revenue
General Ledger Accounting (35%)
- Track Fixed Assets and monthly depreciation
- Track Online Learning Platform and amortization of Software/Website Dev costs (ASC 350-40)
- Recording Prepaid Expenses
- Track publications inventory
- Support annual audit process and tax filings as needed
- Collaborate with Contract Administrator on multi-state sales taxes and business filings
- Support A/P, Grants, or Controller as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will bring this experience to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Salesforce and/or other ERP accounting software.
- Awareness or knowledge key accounting pronouncements- ASC 606, ACS 350.
- Prior experience with non-profit accounting and/or SaaS revenue accounting.
- Competent with Work, Excel, Google Apps.
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience, CPA preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will possess these skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of accounting mechanics, journal entries, and general ledger analytics.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Great listener and a quick learner.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Extraordinary organizational skills, with high attention to detail, and exceptional focus on accuracy and accountability.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Data driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
The successful candidate will reflect these attributes:
- Integrity, a positive attitude, and self-direction.
- Belief in transparency and open communication and the ability for an individual’s power to improve and enable those around them.
- Passionate about addressing equity in the workplace and in education. A desire to further their equity journey.
- The ability to build trust quickly and be seen as a resource to all employees.
- A team player who can work effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for PBLWorks' mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
The A/R Senior Staff Accountant reports directly to the Controller.
Due to COVID-19 this position will be working remotely from their home location until further notice. Upon safe return to the office, this position will be located in Marin County, California, one hour north of San Francisco. Travel will be minimal.
The A/R Senior Staff Accountant role is a full-time position with full health benefits (including medical, vision and dental), 403(b), and life and disability insurance. PBLWorks offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a generous benefits package. PBLWorks is a dog-friendly working environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a compelling cover letter via our application portal.
As a company, we celebrate and embrace diversity. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates in every hiring process. PBLWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act).
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: