This is an exempt position. The normal hours of the position are Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm as well as participation in the on-call rotation for database issues.
- Performs database administration tasks on Microsoft SQL servers
- Database tuning and optimization
- Develop and manage SSIS packages
- Work with Application Development team on SQL queries and optimization
- Perform ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) tasks
- Implement database-related changes in the production environment
- Assist with database backup & recovery
- Involved in logical and physical database design
- Manage user and application database security
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL (preferably including SSIS)
- Prior industry experience in a financial services environment is preferred but not required.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: