MAXIMUS is looking for a Senior Director to expand operational analytics efforts to include advanced machine learning and data science capabilities in support of government service operations and the data-driven products that generate measurable impacts on the lives of the beneficiaries we service.Â Job Summary:
- Effectively lead and mentor teams of managers, architects, and engineers.
- Oversee and drive architecture for technology solutions.
- Guide technical selection of enterprise wide standardized applications.
- Lead management of enterprise applications and associated infrastructure.
- Plan and manage budgets related to SOA development and support.
- Ensure efficient utilization of integrated SOA application and development teams using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and industry standards.
- Drive adoption of best practices for SOA solutions across the organization.
- Enforce structured approaches and methodologies that align with the key strategies of the organization.
- Ensure that new technology solutions are optimally designed and integrated.
- Promote the following qualities in all solutions: scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Influences policymaking.
- Reports to VP level.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to provide direction and translate strategic priorities/goal into defined tactical action plans and milestones.
- Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define analytics goals and ROI
Establish and implement state-of-art data science standards, tools, and development methodologies for the team and the organization
- Translate business objectives into analytics solutions and, translate results into business insights using appropriate data science applications
- Partner closely with product teams and leaders to support development of innovative analytics solutions and products
- Help develop Advanced Analytics intellectual property and identify areas of new opportunity for data science and analytics for Maximus and its clients
- Develop the organizational design and career development for Data Science towards the execution of above strategy and vision
- Set standards and guidelines for team to develop re-usable common frameworks, model and components that address repeatable tasks and problem/data sets in specific industries or business functions
- Share learnings about theoretical and technical developments in the rapidly evolving data science field, collaborate with the open source community, and work together to create a great working environment that attracts other great data scientists
- Develop relationships with external data and analytics vendors and interact as needed
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost and scope for analytics initiatives.
- Manage budget, timeline, resources and scope through prioritization throughout the course of all assigned projects
- Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of talented Data Scientists and business analysts, while driving professional development goals of the team
Education and Experience Requirements
BA/BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of business intelligence and data analytics work experience
- 5+ years of management experience within a data analytics environment
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of large-scale data projects across a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, database administration and data integration projects and strategies.
- Experience with research and development of new BI and analytical tools and features and educate business users and developers on how to utilize them to create business value.
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Proficiency in using and operationalizing data platform & engineering tools through Business Intelligence solutions such as MicroStrategy, Tableau or Power BI
- Proficiency in using and operationalizing data science toolkits, such as R, Python, RapidMiner, Alteryx and excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally with multiple teams from various departments.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and/or CRISP-DM a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills to lead white board discussions, presentations and provide information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with government sponsored health care programs and call center related operations desirable.
Project/Position Introduction (MAX 500 Characters): Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: