Revecore is looking for an intermediate level administrative DBA to be responsible for the creation, security, monitoring, and maintenance of all databases. This person will report to and work collaboratively with a senior database administrator who has extensive knowledge and practical experience with the company operations and IT teams. The vast majority of our databases are SQL, but we are in the process of developing and utilizing Mongo databases for certain applications. We are looking for someone who is team oriented, collaborative, who is willing to learn and takes ownership of their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Modify existing databases or direct developers and analysts to make changes
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases
- Use industry standard tools to continuously monitor database use and performance
- Plan and implement performance tuning for databases
- Set and maintain database standards
- Manage database access requests according to company policies
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile SDLC
- Deploy completed products as part of Sprint release cycle and on as needed basis
- Work collaboratively with the infrastructure, application development, and business intelligence teams to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Develop documentation on as requested basis
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for management
- Perform on-call support as needed
- Provide technical support for databases
- Resolve internal help desk tickets
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level skills with the following tools: Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Visual Studio (source code control, branching/merging), Powershell, monitoring and tuning tools such as Idera, Redgate, SentryOne
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL development and tuning skills
- Intermediate knowledge of database installation, clustering, and replication
- Intermediate knowledge of database backup and restore strategies
- Intermediate knowledge of reporting services administration
- Experience with dimensional and relational modeling
- Working knowledge of SAN concepts and physical array design
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Security/Authentication Concepts (Active Directory, IIS, Windows OS)
- Have good understanding of encryption and data security strategies and techniques
- Ability to learn Revecore operation’s processes and how they interact
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and be skilled in organizing and prioritizing work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments with minimal direction
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn Team Foundation Services
- Ability to produce accurate work while maintaining attention to detail
- Skilled in organizing and setting priorities according to situational demands
- Flexibility to work after hours as needed to support applications and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and writing skills
Skills and Experience – Nice to Have:
- Data Warehouse ETL (dimensions and facts) development experience using SSIS
- Working knowledge of Healthcare EDI transactions
- Working knowledge of Mongo database administration and development
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years database administration experience
- Minimum of 5 years of SQL experience required
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Two year (2) degree or equivalent certificate in IT field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Healthcare experience preferred
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Apogee Engineering is seeking a part-time Database Administrator to work remotely/teleworking in support of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).Why work with us?Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence,.
Apogee Engineering is seeking a part-time Database Administrator to work remotely/teleworking in support of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).Why work.
Must be Green Card or US CitizenMinimum 5+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQLExpert Level SQL, PL/Postgres SQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.Knowledge of PostgreSQL database design principle, query optimization, integrity checks, index management, stats etc.Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL required.
Must be Green Card or US CitizenMinimum 5+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQLExpert Level SQL, PL/Postgres SQL, including stored.
Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a Database Administrator for a fully remote position supporting a long-term military program. This position is remote, requiring 1-2 days a year of travel to the program HQ in Ohio.Responsibilities of the Database Administrator:Provide Oracle expertise within a development teamPerform DBA maintenance and troubleshooting of Oracle databasesEnsure databases are current.
Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a Database Administrator for a fully remote position supporting a long-term military program. This position is remote,.
Our client in Cleveland is looking for a Senior level SQL Server DBA for a long-term REMOTE opportunity. The ideal candidate will have strong proficiency with SQL Server, Star Schema Analytic data modeling as well as experience with MPP (Massively Parallel Processing), PDW (Parallel Data Warehouse), and Hadoop. Responsibilities will include project work as well as day to day operational work. The.
Our client in Cleveland is looking for a Senior level SQL Server DBA for a long-term REMOTE opportunity. The ideal candidate will have strong proficiency.
Estrada Consulting, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for Sr. Business AnalystCandidate will have 10+ years working in Information Technology. With the below mentioned mandatory Qualifications:Mandatory Technical Qualifications:Expert experience in IT Business Analysis, operating within a PMO organization, in the implementation and integration of enterprise-scale, software application, implementation,.
Estrada Consulting, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for Sr. Business AnalystCandidate will have 10+ years working in Information Technology. With.