Apogee Engineering is seeking a part-time Database Administrator to work remotely/teleworking in support of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the ExSTARS infrastructure servers and databases
- Performing database management activities for approximately 12 databases
- Conducting contract-wide software peer review and configuration management of all legacy and developed code
- Ensuring systems comply with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines
- Setting up and maintaining servers
What you'll need:
- Possess over 15 years of relevant Database engineering, development, and/or administration experience
- Strong understanding and experience working with multiple database servers, including Oracle
- Ability to work well independently and in collaboration with others
- Understanding of existing and ability to learn about new servers, platforms, and other technologies
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Senior Level 4 or more years experience as a Database Administrator.Provides assistance in the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems, and ensures that the conceptual and design phases of new applications are consistent with the structur
Job DescriptionThis is a fast paced, interacting directly with multiple clients at a time, thinking on your feet, solving customer issues type of opportunity. If you like being busy, working with customers. solving issues - you have found your next move!This is not a contract. It
Description:Company ProfileAt Sand Cherry Associates, we excel in the design and delivery of strategic customer-centric initiatives through digitally native, data-empowered solutions. Our client’s confidence in us is centered on exceptionally skilled, high-energy talent wor
Our Actuarial and Underwriting Systems Team is working on transforming and delivering innovative data solutions to our customers.Provide technical assistance through the delivery of decision support applications or required data. Perform appropriate analysis to ensure quality dat
Job Description: We need Power BI Developer @ Dallas (After COVID) location. The detailed JD is given below.Rate: up to 55 - 60 on W2Power BI ResourceExperienced candidates onlyNeeds to have a portfolio of examples (infographics, etc.) he/she has worked on in previous engagements