Under limited supervision, this position will be responsible for configuring and building all software applications with regards to the test, pre-production and production environments. Work closely with Software Development and Software Quality Assurance to define and implement procedures for releasing products throughout the whole product life cycle, including maintenance of software and documentation libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble applications for installation, conducting test installs of packaged applications, and deploying applications to various testing environments.
- Documentation of configuration, installation and building information guides and release notes while providing assistance in production support issues.
- Manage and coordinate with Quality Assurance the building process and create detailed records of each build.
- Identify and implement build process improvement initiatives.
- Document Build process for development teams.
- Notification of software builds and releases.
- Creation of Customer Release Notes for software releases.
- Must have the ability to work independently, works actively to develop team work, identify problems, gather information and develop possible course of action for resolution.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Conduct to reflect professional attitude and actions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in functionality of assigned projects and PC skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills while doing test project planning and executing those test projects.
- Sufficient application knowledge to navigate and perform basic functionality of a single software application.
- Ability to seek appropriate resources or mentors on projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which are used with team members and clients in the form of formal training, mentoring, and presentations.
- Work with developers and DBAs on projects.
- Utilization of defect tracking tools (BugTracker, DevTrack, Quality Center, etc).
- Background knowledge of business-to-business practices, user interface design and customizable applications is a plus.
- Experience as building and deploying applications in a web and client server environment.
- Experience using source code management systems (e.g. TFS, Perforce, VSS, PVCS, CVS, Vault).
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Software experience must include Microsoft Office, Visio, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of Configuration Management Best Practices and hardware/software configurations.
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle from requirements to delivery.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate's degree
- 1 or more years experience in the IT industry as it relates to software configuration
- Or, Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Testing methodologies and theory
- Software Configuration Management methodologies and theory
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge
- Microsoft development tool knowledge
- Windows Operating Systems knowledge
- PC hardware configuration knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet Technologies
- Development defect tracking tools
- Software life cycle knowledge
- Web-based applications
- Labor Market Information & National Employment Systems
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job TypeFull Time & Part TimeFull Job DescriptionJob Title: Data AnalystSummary: The main function of a data analyst is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database analyst/prog
Sr. Programmer AnalystThe Institute of Clinical and Translational Research seeks a Senior Programmer Analyst who will be responsible for the creation, implementation, maintenance, performance, production support and documentation of various departmental and enterprise-wide applic
Overview: AM LLC has an immediate opening for (1) remote Database Administrato / Developer to support our Veterans Administration client. Note: Due to federal government security clearance requirements, applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered.Respons
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Perform database engineering and administration activities including design, planning, configuration, monitoring, automation, self-serviceability, alerting, and space management, database backup and recovery. Plan computerized databases, including base def
Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agil
More jobs by this company
Description:Job Summary: Develops, maintains, and supports policies and procedures for ensuring the functionality and accuracy of the programs used to spider labor data from external sites. Relies on direction and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general su
Description:Job Summary: The Integration Architect requires an individual with excellent creative vision. He/she is the one who knows how to integrate various types of computer software and components. The integration architect works as a part of professional services team and ha
Description:Job Summary: The Technical Writer is responsible for planning, organizing, writing, and editing user documentation related to Geographic Solutions’ product line. We are the leading SaaS-based software provider in the workforce development industry. The Technical
Description:Job Summary: This individual is responsible for a variety of .NET programming duties within the development team. The Programmer/Analyst VI Team Lead will also oversee, mentor and be accountable for the implementation of project deliverables. May analyze and design da
Description:Job Summary: Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end user requirements. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Documen