Role: MIS Application Support DBA
Location: Jackson MS - Remote
Position Description and Job Skill Set:
Client is seeking an experienced technically skilled database administrator with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in SQL database administration.
In this role, the DBA will be the respondent to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements Ensure the performance, security, and availability of databases Prepare documentations and specifications Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc. Profile server resources usage and optimizes and tweak as necessary Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Good verbal communication skills.
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors. Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaising with IT project managers and database programmers. Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications Capable of troubleshooting common database issues Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitLab Familiar with SISS packages.
- Windows 10 - Agency Desktop/Laptop OS is Windows 10
Server OS 2008/2012 - Agency Utilizes Server OS 2008/2012
- SQL Server 2008 & Higher - Agency Utilizes SQL Server 2008 & Higher
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $80.00 - $90.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
MIS Application Support DBAJackson MS - RemoteC2C.3 + yrs long termPosition Description and Job Skill Set: Client is seeking an experienced technically skilled database administrator with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in SQL database administration.In this role, the DBA wil
Worker Type:EmployeeProvide premium DB2 application DBA support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe DB2 systems.FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:The successful candidate will perform database creation, development, administration and tuning to support.
Green Spoon Sales is an established natural food and beverage sales agency. We represent the most disruptive and emerging food and beverage brands in the industry.Driven by the desire to transform the retail landscape, our team helps brands gain access to retail stores and shelf.
Senior Systems DBA/Middleware Engineer (Oracle)Huntsville, AL customer location, however work can be done 100% remote. Preference given for AL, NC, GA, MD, VA, DC or NY locations.US Citizenship requiredSupports Oracle Database administration, design, and system engineering servic
Global Science & Technology, Inc., a fast growing scientific and high technology firm, is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our federal client, US Department of Agriculture (USDA).The System Engineer will support GST's participation in the development of a geospatial data