The Donor Relations Specialist will be a member of the DreamSpring Philanthropy Team and will provide excellent and energetic fundraising support to ensure the team meets and exceeds its annual goals. This individual will be responsible for implementing and managing comprehensive donor relations, stewardship, recognition, and retention program.
They will consistently promote positive and mutually rewarding interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. They will collaborate with internal and external constituencies to determine the best strategies for effective stewardship of donors, creating a gratifying impact experience for all donors in support of DreamSpring’s mission and vision. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this is primarily a remote role, with some travel required to the DreamSpring headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with and support the Philanthropy Team in the fundraising process by managing all stewardship and recognition programs.
- Recommend appropriate engagement strategies for donors/prospects across portfolios and maintain an annual engagement calendar.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure proper donor stewardship including support of drafting funding/impact reports, proposals, and presentations for moving gifts through the pipeline.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the Philanthropy, Operations and Technology teams in reconciling financial and impact data, as well as identifying areas of process and efficiency improvement.
- Work closely with the Philanthropy Database Administrator to ensure all gift information is input in Salesforce in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepare, mail, and record acknowledgments to donors in a timely fashion.
- Produce mailing lists for, and assist in, the production of bulk mailings, invitations, appeals, and donor outreach campaigns.
- Project manage special events including defining roles and goals for the working team, day of event logistics, and event follow-up.
- Attend special events and other activities as needed.
- Respond to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Write, prepare, and disseminate donor correspondence, reports, and fundraising materials such as brochures and newsletters.
- Contribute to a positive, warm, and stewardship-oriented environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information, uphold DreamSpring’s organizational values, and support organizational goal fulfillment.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and two years advancement, development, or fundraising asking and receiving gifts experience required. Salesforce experience is a plus. Excellent relationship skills. Computer proficiency required. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of advancement/fundraising procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of asking and obtaining gifts from donors.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Skill in organizing special events.
- Skill in the cultivation of donors.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with coworkers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to envision long–range goals and apply them to daily operations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to speak and present information individually or in large groups.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Ability to demonstrate passion around the work of DreamSpring.
- Ability to recognize and appreciate the pioneering spirit.
- All actions, behavior, and results have integrity.
- Hold oneself and others accountable for behavior, actions, and results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position is remote based, with occasional travel required. Work is generally performed in an office or remote home office setting. Evening and weekend work may be required.
DreamSpring is an equal opportunity employer. At DreamSpring, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. DreamSpring believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
DreamSpring is a nonprofit community lender dedicated to eliminating systemic wealth inequities and accelerating the economic inclusion and strength of underserved communities. Founded in 1994, the organization, which operates in 19 states, provides rapid access to capital and customized wrap-around support to the most vulnerable small business owners, focusing on communities including people of color, women, low- to moderate-income earners, people with disabilities, and start-ups. To date, DreamSpring has issued more than 42,000 loans totaling over $465 million to small businesses that support an estimated 72,000 jobs. Learn more at DreamSpring.org.
DreamSpring benefits include flexible schedules, remote work, health care, paid time off, retirement savings and a Career Pathway Program, and professional development resources, to name a few.
To learn more about working for DreamSpring visit our Guide Here.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About the OpportunitySaratech is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Analyst for our Engineering Services Division. Candidates must be comfortable with customer interaction and be willing to work in a variety of disciplines and across the full range of industries that Sara
Company Introduction:Our mission is the enablement of every organization and person with the technology to positively impact the health of planet Earth. Persefoni is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce their Enterprise Carbon.
As the Database Administrator, you will bring your SQL Server experience providing day-to-day support to the IT team creating the next generation of cloud and mobile-based logistics applications. This is a unique opportunity for an individual seeking new challenges and broad data
Title: Database AdministratorLocation: 100% Remote. Anywhere in the US.Shift: Monday - Friday Day Shift (8 hours per day)Pay: $40/hrContract: 4 months+Summary: Under broad supervision, designs and secures computer databases to store, track, and maintain a large volume of critical
Who We AreWe are a CMMI-DEV L3 appraised, and SBA Certified 8(a) Small business. We deliver program management, financial management, performance improvement, and technology enablement solutions to federal agencies in the US and overseas. Our clients value our ability to bring to