Axim operates out of offices nationwide. www.aximgeo.com
Role: Database Administrator
Role Summary: We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team! As a Database Administrator at our company, you will be responsible for testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining databases.
- Location is flexible: Axim Geospatial Headquarters, Regional offices, or work from home considered
- Minimal travel required (approximately 20%)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Perform geospatial database administration and maintenance activities, to include patching and upgrades
Provide database and systems administration support for software deployment operations, data migration and conversion, and other critical production operations support activities as required
- Provide expertise on database activities required to support software development and deployment planning
- Evaluate and execute conversion routines/scripts and verify successful completion
- Support decommissioning efforts of deployed systems and hardware
Perform database administration and maintenance, to include:Monitor database performance statistics and recommend improvements
Load databases as requested
Database management with respect to performance tuning, capacity planning, and managing tables, indexes, constraints and views
Manage users and security
- Stability, backup/recovery and database integrity
- Control and redo log files
- Proactively identify and communicate issues, risks, and progress to customer, contractor team, and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field*
- 3+ years proven work experience as a Database Administrator**
- Security+ CE (included in onboarding and training if you do not have active certification)
- Experience managing Oracle and Postgres in a cloud environment, to include AWS RDS and Azure
- Advanced knowledge of Esri software, with special emphasis on ArcGIS server and Portal Extension
- Experience contributing as part of Agile teams
Additional experience can be substituted for education
Ideal (in addition to required experience):
- Experience supporting Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities to include documentation and resolving database-related STIG findings
- Provide superior customer service and positive engagements both internally and externally
- Effective communicatorpossessing strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment
- Driven problem solver and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.Works on complex assignments.Design databases.
Job DescriptionFor this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: ,QC,Canada |Intrado’s Life & Safety group in Montreal is hiring a Database Developer to join our technology team!Intrado’s Life & Safety division is responsible.
PART-TIME (TEMPORARY) REMOTE POSITIONEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:Work on building, configuring, and deploying SQL databases.Ability to manage multiple Database Servers, including administration,.
Both C2C / W2Location- Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDuration- 12+ Months.Remote opportunity but Candidate must come to Onsite once in a Quarter.The applicant needs to have 10 years of recent SQL Server DBA experience (including 2 years' experience with SQL.
Description:Job Summary: The hands-on IT Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the high-performing Database Administration, Network, and Systems teams. Management of the company's 24/7/365 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) infrastructure,.