We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented Product Designer to join our team. You will work with our Product Incubator team and collaborate with design leadership to identify new opportunities to create delightful interactions across multiple product lines and exceed their user’s expectations.
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail-oriented Product Designer to join our team. This role requires interaction, user experience, and visual design skills to shape our products at a fast-moving pace whilst maintaining a high level of product quality. We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers love research, ideate in low and high-fidelity, and value user testing. As a Product Designer, you will join us in elevating leading WordPress plugins, such as The Events Calendar and LearnDash, as well as bringing new products to market, within and outside the WordPress ecosystem.
Specific skills and proficiencies
What you’ll do
- Lead the design process end-to-end, through workshops, inclusive ideation, storyboarding, and prototyping, resulting in full-fidelity designs validated by solid user testing.
- Co-lead with Product Owners and other designers on projects as an active collaborator. Leveraging your expertise to provide insight and valuable feedback, as well as robust guidance to your team
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team. Leverage user research, and utilize analytics to understand the targeted audience(s) and a product’s competitive landscape.
- Speak to and present ideas and concepts, ensuring design terminology is translated and accessible to all.
- Document, annotate and guide the implementation of ideas, including supporting the team for a successful release.
- Leverage Design Systems to their fullest; continuously auditing and improving them over time
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of product design experience as an individual contributor on a product design team
- Experience with a data-informed design process, paired with creativity and original thinking
- Experience in creating complex, multi-input interactions, experiences, and end-to-end flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- A great communicator, written and verbally. Able to talk big ideas and concepts but also execute on UX, UI, and interaction design.
- Advanced prototyping skills with experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- A great collaborator, across disciplines and cross-functional teams
More than pixels
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our Product Incubator team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.
Execute within the entire design lifecycle, through ideation, storyboarding, and advanced prototyping, ending with user validated high-fidelity designs.
Validate your solutions with real users and customers, using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed.
Effectively collaborate with engineers and Product Owners to solve problems by building elegant solutions as a team.
The ability to speak confidently about your design work and convince others of your reasoning, leveraging research and data.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, ability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Design at Modern Tribe is more than pixels and points. It's part of everything we do—from product definition and user experience to user interface and visual design.Reid Peifer Creative Officer
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This role is full time with benefits that vary based on location. Pay range is commensurate with background, qualifications and experience between $80,000-90,000.
We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us and we have a benefits package for full time employees.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Join our team
BEFORE APPLYING, please read this gig listing carefully. So many people seem to apply without actually reading it. Once you’ve read the listing in full, you’re ready to rock
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Exodus Integrity Services, Inc is a rapidly expanding technology company headquartered in Northeast Ohio. EIS provides quality services to our clients by instilling honesty, commitment, and hard work to find the most qualified candidates to fill each.
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is seeking a UX Researcher to join our team in our Portland or Salem, Oregon offices.MLC is a nonprofit organization serving the education community. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop.
Are you an outgoing, customer-centric Senior Product Manager (or someone with comparable skills for a technical consulting firm) that wants an opportunity to have a real impact on a growing B2B product? Do you empathize with customers, and dive deep.
Who We AreNet32 is the leading online dental supplies website, serving over 38,000 dental practices across the US. We are increasing access to Oral Health Care by empowering dental practices to lower supply costs and improve profitability of their practices,.
The UX/UI Designer at JazzHR plays a critical role in helping to match talent with opportunity as our 10,000 customers build tomorrow’s greatest companies. We value customer orientation, collaboration, candor, iteration, autonomy, and continuous improvement..