Vintage Wine Estates is looking for an ambitious and self-driven Senior Web Developer to join our innovative and collaborative team. Reporting to our Director of Web Development & Programming, the Senior Web Developer will oversee a small team of developers and is responsible for improving the quality of web content and functionality supporting our ecommerce, wine club and tasting rooms. Additionally, this role will champion overall website development and user experience by translating our company and customer needs into functional, informative, accessible, and appealing interactive tools. Applicants should have a strong desire to create a user-friendly environment by writing inclusive code, having a curiosity for new digital technologies and aspirations to combine usability with visual design.
This position is highly collaborative and will lead all front-end web development for Vintage Wine Estates’ 40+ websites, including 30 functional ecommerce sites. This role will spearhead all site redesigns and functionality updates. Must be comfortable interacting with various brand stakeholders and communicating and translating their vision to functional and cohesive web design, while overseeing a small team of developers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee full site development lifecycle: from estimation, design, development, testing, to deployment.
- Work directly with design and content teams to craft and implement website updates.
- Ongoing review of the websites to identify and recommend site usability and functionality improvements.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Write standard operating procedures for development and maintenance.
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency across sites.
- Stay informed on emerging technologies/industry trends and make recommendations based on learnings.
- Lead a small team of developers to implement updates in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- 5+ years coding responsive design web pages (with Bootstrap is a plus)
- Solid grasp of design principles and user interface guidelines.
- Strong understanding of SEO and structured data
- Strong understanding of mobile & responsive design & development practices
- Experience with debugging feature and performance issues
- Ability to translate requirements, wireframes, and conceptual designs into high quality, visually appealing, and intuitive responsive user interfaces and accessible user experiences.
- Eagerness to stay ahead of the latest front-end technologies, learn independently and bring lessons back to the team
- Good verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Database programming (MySQL)
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager experience
- Wordpress Experience
- CoreSense Experience
- Wine industry experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- Certifications in computer science/graphic design/web design
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- The functions of this position are primarily performed from a seated position in an office environment
- Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard that can involve repetitive motion
- Job may sometimes require ability to lift up to 45 lbs
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologyExperience on Interaction Design, interaction modeling, mental modeling, identifying user scenarios, and creating user flows, low- and high-fidelity designsAdvanced wireframing and/or prototyping/visual.
Overview:Here on the By Light User Centered Design team, we believe that great ideas are driven by your passion, your experiences, your ethics, and your ability to be the note of levity in the face of adversity. You will be welcomed onto a small team.
Exodus Integrity Services, Inc is a rapidly expanding technology company headquartered in Northeast Ohio. EIS provides quality services to our clients by instilling honesty, commitment, and hard work to find the most qualified candidates to fill each.
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is seeking a UX Researcher to join our team in our Portland or Salem, Oregon offices.MLC is a nonprofit organization serving the education community. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop.
Are you an outgoing, customer-centric Senior Product Manager (or someone with comparable skills for a technical consulting firm) that wants an opportunity to have a real impact on a growing B2B product? Do you empathize with customers, and dive deep.