Job Title: UX/UI Designer
Job Level: Mid-Level, 4+ Years Experience
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Job Location: Cotopaxi HQ: Salt Lake City, Utah
Eligible for remote work in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Ohio, Tennessee or Georgia.
Job Compensation: $90-115k + Annual Bonus
Cotopaxi is a carbon neutral outdoor gear brand founded to create sustainably designed products that fight extreme poverty, inspire adventure, and move people to do good. As a certified B Corporation, we believe in using the power of business as a force for social, environmental, and economic good. Our creed, Gear for Good, touches every aspect of our company. Cotopaxi is committed to making all of our gear using repurposed, recycled, or responsible materials by 2025. We allocate 1% of our annual revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation which awards grants to outstanding nonprofit partners carefully selected for their track records at improving the human condition and alleviating poverty. In 2021, we aided over 1 million people in extreme poverty through targeted grants to outstanding organizations with proven methodologies.
Cotopaxi is a company that values people, innovation, and adventure and our work environment reflects just that. Whether you are working from one of our retail stores, our headquarters, your couch at home, or even your van in the woods, you’ll feel the camaraderie of our amazing team of visionaries, builders and go-getters. We work hard and we play hard. We are a team of adventurous, mission-driven people looking to prove that business CAN be a force for good.
Job Overview (What You’ll Do):
We’re looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join the Cotopaxi team! As UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for designing solutions that simplify and enhance the customer experience on Cotopaxi.com. You are a tireless advocate for our customers; and, are excited to iterate on designs to discover what works best for them [and inspires them to adventure and Do Good]. You have strong communication skills and can bring teams together to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful user experiences. You enjoy working with customer data to understand needs and build solutions that will help make Cotopaxi.com an experience consumers love.
The UX/UI Designer will work closely with our Conversion Rate Optimization [CRO], eCommerce, creative and engineering teams; and, will report to the VP of eCommerce.
Job Responsibilities (How You’ll Do It):
- Be an avid customer advocate, consolidate consumer research data and business requirements to drive clear UX direction for cotopaxi.com.
- Work closely with CRO, eCommerce and engineering team members, bringing a customer-centric mindset to the table to deliver high-quality outcomes that empower customers to do more.
- Produce designs that illustrate UI excellence and facilitate efficiency, insight, and growth. Deliverables may include storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Develop a comprehensive UX/UI design system and component library for Cotopaxi.
- Develop and iterate UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate desired site functionality.
- Adhere to style standards on typography, colors, and images.
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies to optimize the customer experience.
Job Requirements (Who You Are):
- Prior work experience as a UX/UI Designer for web and mobile interactions.
- Experience scoping, prioritizing, and estimating goal-oriented design efforts accurately.
- Solid understanding of working with or contributing to comprehensive design systems and holistic UI toolkits.
- Strong understanding of human-centered design principles and the ability to incorporate it into every stage of the design process.
- Ability to create highly polished UX documentation, specs, prototypes, mockups, user flows and other communication artifacts.
- Ability to translate business requirements, end user needs and input from cross-functional teams into data-driven design solutions.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, XD).
- Proficient in prototyping tools (Figma, Principle, Sketch, InVision, etc.).
- Familiarity with Shopify is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and recommendations.
- You’re a team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in UX/UI Research, Interactive Design, Digital Product Development, Web Development, or related field.
- 4+ years of UX/UI design experience.
- Experience working with a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business preferred.
Job Benefits (The Perks):
We deeply care about our employees and are proud of our commitment and investment in our team. We prioritize wages and benefits and always keep the employee experience in mind as we work to create a quality work-life balance for everyone.
The salary range for this position is $90-115k, and will be based on the experience that you bring to the table.
Here is a snapshot of the benefits we provide.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Company paid short term disability coverage.
- Company paid life assistance program, with the election of medical coverage.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Unlimited responsible PTO.
- In The Wild Time: Dedicated time out of your work week to spend outdoors or volunteering.
- 60% off Cotopaxi products.
- Additional outdoor gear discounts.
- Gym reimbursement stipend.
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months for bucket list adventure.
- $5,000 stipend after 5 years for bucket list adventure.
- Bi-annual company-wide outings and regular virtual/in-person celebrations.
- A fun, caring and empowering company culture!
As a mission-driven brand, Cotopaxi is not only hyper aware of but also deeply invested in putting people first and paving the way as a humanitarian brand. We welcome, embrace and celebrate all people regardless of gender, age, race, disability, nationality, ethnicity, faith, or sexual orientation. We believe in Doing Good, and how we’re involved with that has no limits.
No matter what experience you have within the outdoor industry we encourage you to apply. At Cotopaxi we believe that experience comes from a variety of places. We look for individuals who thrive on challenges, are passionate about doing good, and believe that collaboration and radical candor are necessary for success. Show us how your experiences have shaped you and how you can contribute to Cotopaxi in our mission to Do Good. We can’t wait for you to share with us your personal story!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Requisition ID10844CountryUnited States of AmericaCityRemoteAbout UsKorn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures,.
Marketing UI Designer/DeveloperThe ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive,.
Overview:We are seeking a Senior Web Designer to join our growing team with YourMembership!Responsibilities & Qualifications:Position SummaryThe web production design team is responsible for deciding and implementing how our client’s websites look and.
Job Description: RequirementsBachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Human Factors, or another related disciplineDigital UX Design experienceFive (5) years of directly related experience with the large customer-facing website(s)Excellent verbal and written.
Job Title: User Interface designer/ UI designer - (with UX design)Primary Responsibilities: Creates highly usable and esthetically pleasing designs for web sites and mobile applicationsProvides innovative solutions for lines of business while balancing.
We’re Aspire, a ServiceTitan companyWe’re Aspire, the leading SaaS provider for commercial landscaping, snow and ice removal, and janitorial businesses. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world's leading provider of software for the trades, our cloud-based.