We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our rapidly growing Software as a Service startup. This is a remote role, ideal for someone looking for ownership and autonomy, excited to lead a small team to create and manage a portfolio of technical integrations with our platform.
Your role is essential to our success! Today Accredible maintains a small number of integrations and it is your job to grow this portfolio. You will be responsible for delivering many integrations to the Accredible platform which are used by over half of our customers. Each integration is a small product of its own. You will be managing a team of engineers and have access to a UI/UX Designer and Business Analyst resources to help you succeed.
Your day to day job will include, but is not limited to:
- Conducting exploratory research, competitive analysis, and user insights
- Leading experiments, ideation sessions, and focus groups
- Working with a UI/UX Designer and a Business Analyst as needed to produce necessary specifications
- Defining themes, epics, features, and user stories
- Developing integrations though the maintenance of sprints as Scrum Master for in house developments and management of outsourced developers
- Defining the Definition of Done and accepting user stories
- Overseeing the release management activities specific to the Integration Agile Team
- Radiating team-related metrics and reporting
- Analyzing data and creating product scorecards to portray the overall health of Integrations; making decisions when to remove untenable integrations accordingly
Throughout the SDLC, responsibilities will also intermittently include:
- Coaching the team on Agile practices, removing impediments, facilitating Agile ceremonies, and managing Agile artifacts
- Building and refining the Integrations product backlog, and prioritizing based on a variety of factors resulting in optimizing value
- Liaising between the Integrations Agile Team and primary stakeholders
- Acting as the customer proxy for developer questions
- Continuously evolving the Integrations product roadmap
We use Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL on top of a few AWS services for our core platform but we are agnostic when it comes to the right technology choices for each integration. Our approach is Agile, test heavy, and we deploy once every two weeks.
You will not be doing this alone as we have a world-class product team you will be working with. You will have a dedicated team of developers and support from a UI/UX Designer, Business Analyst, another Product Manager, Head of Product, Head of Engineering, and our Chief Technology Officer. We will be expecting high quality work but do not worry - you will receive constructive feedback and guidance on a regular basis. We meet every day and everybody has input and the ability to make our work and the way we work better.
You will have a lot of decision making power, autonomy, and trust. We make decisions democratically and give team members the time, resources, and authority to work on what they think is most important.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, profitable startup where there are many opportunities to obtain promotions based upon merit, hard work, and dedication.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full health, vision & dental insurance
- Flexible hours
- Remote work
- A close, dedicated startup team who are passionate about improving the education system and who are backed by some of Silicon Valley's top venture capital investors
- 2 hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
- Fast promotion opportunities. We have a track record for internal promotion to senior roles within the first year of employment.
- 35 days paid vacation time
- Many additional perks!
Your skills & competencies
We are looking for you to demonstrate to us that you have these skills & competencies:
- Integration or Technical Comfort. You have managed and preferably helped to design or develop technical integrations (Zapier, Moodle, Salesforce, Zoom, etc) or are comfortable understanding how technical integrations/APIs work at a high level.
- Prioritization. You can choose which things are important from the many that you are exposed to.
- Fundamental Problem Focus. You are able to ask the right questions to best understand the root cause of an issue and provide the best solution to it.
- Communication. You are able to clearly and succinctly communicate ideas and problems to teammates. You are able to build consensus in many cases and provide convincing evidence and reasoning in other cases.
- Customer Understanding & Research. You are able to speak to customers and understand their needs, abilities and priorities. You recognize the customer archetypes and which insights you need to receive to understand broader customer needs. You understand the difference in gathering data from a number of similar customers versus a number of varied customers.
- Systems Thinking & Systems Management. You understand the importance of working on a system, measuring effectiveness, and iterating to create a better set of processes.
- Empathy. You are able to put yourself into the shoes of a new, non technical user and understand what things they may find challenging.
- Learn Quickly. You have the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information.
It is essential that you are honest, have a high level of integrity, are able to communicate and are able to use feedback to learn and develop professionally.
We are growing very quickly and expect to continue hiring rapidly over the next year. It is an exciting time to join a rocket ship that has just ignited!
Accredible is the new digital credential standard for the online learning age. Our customers are organizations that issue certificates or credentials to people for courses, awards, membership, training or any other achievement. Accredible lets them issue secure, digital credentials instead of paper-based ones.
We are the certification provider behind some of the biggest and most well-known companies in the world including Rosetta Stone, Google, McGraw Hill, Kaplan, Harvard University, UC Berkeley, the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge, Skillsoft, and many others.
Our vision is to host the world's credentials and in the process become the world's first truly verifiable repository of human capital. We are entering an exciting growth phase and are looking to build a professional, scalable and efficient team.
We are a growing team of talented and dedicated individuals looking to keep up momentum and maintain a friendly, open democratic culture.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between. We stand for equal opportunity, and we ensure equal pay.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: