Are you eager to make an impact on one of the most important and underserved issues in the US healthcare system? UnitedHealth Group Ventures, is on a mission to protect patients from surprise bills by building a revolutionary consumer protection business that stamps out unexpected and egregiously priced out-of-network usage. This new business will be dedicated to helping patients understand and mitigate the unexpected financial risks they face. As an employee of this new business, you can expect to be a part of a dynamic organization that is fast-paced and driven by our vision to promote healthcare affordability and accountability nationwide.
About the Role
Naviguard is looking for a dynamic, creative and passionate interaction designer to work within our Product organization. The interaction designer will work within a collaborative cross-functional project team in an agile environment to design Naviguard portals, applications and Web properties.
The user experience interaction designer will contribute to the user experience vision and strategy while following a user-centered design process and considering appropriate technology platforms.
The interaction designer will be responsible for the following:
- Discover and design new user experiences to drive the Naviguard portals, applications and Web properties, including mobile.
- Design visually-stunning Web sites, portals and applications.
- Produce visual assets needed by development team.
- Create and refine low to high-fidelity design concepts for the information architecture, navigational models, process flows, page layout, information displays and interactional components based on user research.
- Create interactive design simulations using tools such as Axure, iRise and Visio.
- Analyze, research and interpret data to document user experience requirements needed for design implementation.
- Contribute to building the Naviguard brand on portals, applications and Web sites by executing user interface design consistently on all deliverables.
- Write guidelines and other documentation to aid team in consistently producing graphics, content and code for Web sites, applications and portals.
- 4+ years of experience designing for Web, applications or mobile following user-centered design principles
- 3+ years of graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- 2+ years of experience using information architecture tools such as Visio, Axure and iRise
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodology and human factors principles.
- Ability to understand and translate usability research findings into design solutions.
- Ability to define the architecture, navigation, user flows, experience and information/interaction designs that effectively and directly solve customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic and complex transactional interfaces that support the business and user needs while remaining within the bounds of the selected technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and proficiency with time management.
- High energy and positive attitude with interest in learning new technology and skills.
- Ability to work with developers to make design concepts a reality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sell ideas with strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of video, motion graphics, Flash and photography a plus.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Human Computer Interactions, interaction design, visual design, design or related field.
- Portfolio required (online version or hard copy)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting