GCIO is seeking a Sr Program Manager who will lead multiple initiatives supporting the Operations Triage Group (OTG). These initiatives coordinate expert site reliability engineering skills and operational data analytics to support building processes that manage and improve OIT’s response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. This includes working with business partners to improve communication and responsiveness to application failures by minimizing impacts in performance degradation and availability, working towards a significant reduction in application downtime and impact to the users. You will be working directly with the client, supervising Data Analytics, Engineering, and Technology Communications teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Responsible for the communication and coordination of activities between all teams, external and internal clients, and contract stakeholders pertaining to team products and product delivery to end‐users. This includes executive level deliverables and support (Example:, Communications plans, Spot reports, Ad hoc reports)
- Accountable for drafting and submitting all project deliverables in support of Operations Triage Group initiatives on a recurring and ad hoc basis. This includes the development and management of charters, process improvement recommendation documents, and presentations, memorandums of understandings / memorandums of agreements, and Standard Operating Procedures at the program and project or initiative level.
- Responsible for identifying, tracking, and resolving risks to the Operations Triage Group deliverables and stated goals or objectives.
- Responsible for managing intake and requirements, employee and subcontractor personnel recruitment to include contract onboarding and offboarding, GFE and required training deliverables.
- Directly support Operations Triage Group client leadership by strengthening relationships and advising on solutions and business practices to resolve overall objectives at the program and project or initiative level.
- Direct and engage with Analytics, Engineering, and Technology Communications teams to support Triage Major Incident Management (MIM) and Problem Management (PM) incidents by deconstructing application performance, interoperability, instrumentation, and human factors to facilitate resolution and development of resilient solutions.
- Support teams coordination and ensure all High Priority Incident (HPI) and Critical Priority Incident (CPI) are triaged properly and routed to the appropriate and correct groups for immediate resolution.
- Support enterprise root cause analysis (RCA) and identification in coordination with appropriate OI&T organizations.
- Lead capture of technical information from the relevant stakeholders and synthesize it into useful information in various formats for OIT senior management and other VA components.
- Lead the collection, development, and/or editing of content for white papers and other communication devices; and assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of executive communication to effect process improvement.
- Support the vision of the overall user experience across all creative disciplines by leading human-centered design, information architecture, usability, and other applicable best practices while aligning deliverables with overall user experience strategies.
- Support optimizing overall customer and end-user experience across all engagement and interactions.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree is preferred in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- 15+ years of relative experience
- Certifications in relevant UX software plus 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education (25 years total)
- Be a technical expert with expertise across multiple technology areas and the ability to diagnose complex issues throughout many technologies
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the product
- Experience managing teams or products to cost, schedule and plan
- Experience with contracts management
- Must be able to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Experience identifying symptoms for process improvement and making recommendations and timelines for improvement
- Analytical and investigation skills. Organization
- Communications including being able to craft content for executive level presentations.
- IT background and ability to understand technical content
- Demonstrate proficiency with DevOps tools, JIRA, ServiceNow, MS Project and perform tasks using the tools
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: