We seek a self-starting and curious individual to join our team. The prospective DevOps must feel very comfortable learning new technical skills and relevant areas quickly. This person will have a lot of autonomy and ability to innovate in their role. On our team, things work at a very fast pace! You should welcome that type of environment and feel comfortable with emerging new ideas and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, Masters degree is preferred
- Hands on experiences with Linux
- Strong command line familiarity (principles, navigation, file editing/manipulation, etc)
- Understand file systems layout
- Users and file access management
- Software installation and upgrade (manual and with package management tools like yum/rpm and apt/deb)
- General knowledge of network protocols
- Detecting and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Monitoring the performance of the system
- Practical experiences with Bash
- Able to communicate (read/write/speak) in English in order to support US teams
- Able to interact with fellow employees and some time working odd hours as needed.
- Highly motivated, driven, can work independently, and with good work ethics.
A Successful Candidate in this Role Will be:
- Performing regular maintenance of ARW’s cloud servers on the frontend and backend
- Interacting with ARW users to resolve issues faced at the server level
- Configuring ARW servers according to application requirements
- Monitoring ARW servers and network devices
- Documenting procedures for implementations and maintenance
- Managing ARW peripherals, preparing laptops for ARW employees, and providing IT support to ARW employees
- Maintaining ARW networks
Working Knowledge (Good to have):
- Practical experiences in one of the interpretive languages (e.g., python, ruby, perl, etc)
- Understand concept of cloud and virtualization environments
- Practical experiences with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Practical experiences with configuration management; e.g., puppet, chef, etc
- Practical experiences with DBMS (e.g., mysql, postgresql, etc) and use of respective client tools
- Working knowledge on Windows Desktops (to resolve Eclipse/Sqlyog etc issues)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLEYou have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.What’s Important to You Is Important to UsWe’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move.
TechSparq is looking to add an I-commerce virtualization lead to our team! The I-commerce virtualization lead is responsible for creating comprehensively engaging and immersive worlds. This role will include but is not be limited to developing interactive.
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you’ll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life.
24 monthsPosted on: 09/05/22Job Description:Responsibilities:SCOPE OF SERVICES:The role/position will support the Legacy Replacement Project effort by working with vendors and NYCERS’ team to address any required deployment using CI/CD tools, its associated.
Overview:The IT Citrix Engineer (Implementor) duties involve monitoring, maintaining, operating, and troubleshooting daily remote access technologies. They are responsible for any issues related to applications, network, and storage related to the virtualization.
More jobs by this company
We seek a self-starting and curious individual to join our team. The Metrics SDE position is unique and exciting in the breadth of the technical challenges and at the rapid pace at which those challenges may arise and evolve. The prospective SDE must.