ComPsych® Corporation is the world’s largest provider of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated EAP, behavioral health, wellness, work-life, HR and FMLA administration services under the GuidanceResources® brand. ComPsych provides services to more than 53,000 organizations covering more than 118 million individuals throughout the U.S. and 170 countries. By creating “Build-to-Suit” programs, ComPsych helps employers attract and retain employees, increase employee productivity, and improve overall health and well-being.
As a member of the level 3 engineering team, you will be one of the highest technical escalation points, leading various infrastructure efforts, managing projects across members of various teams, and identifying, designing, and deploying new solutions. This is a highly focused Virtualization Engineering role and requires someone with deep technical knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Supports the ongoing maintenance, both proactive and reactive, of our VMware environment.
- Supports our Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage solutions across multiple sites.
- Performs regular software patching across the VMware solution environment.
- Performs capacity planning and manages the hardware and software lifecycle of the VMware environment.
- Maintains and provisions the VMware Horizon VDI environment.
- Works with the network team to ensure that the NSX solution conforms to best practices.
- Works with the security team to ensure that patches, firewall policies, host settings, and isolation policies meet our business security requirements.
- Collaborates with consumers of the virtualization platform, including Windows, Linux, and app-dev teams to ensure the performance required is delivered.
- Acts as a technical lead, project manager, and level 3 engineer, seeing projects from inception to completion while adhering to BC/DR best practices.
- Identifies automation opportunities and implements accordingly.
- Builds extensive documentation both for new and existing solutions.
- Identifies new solutions and/or designs to improve/streamline the environment and/or which provide direct benefits to the business.
- Experience and proficiency with VMware vSphere 6.x-7.x.
- Experience and proficiency with vRealize Suite products (vROPS, vRLI, etc).
- Experience and proficiency with VMware NSX-T 3.x.
- Experience and proficiency with HPE Servers and HPE OneView.
- Experience with VMware Horizon 7.x-8.x.
- Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.x
- Experience with Veeam Backup & Replication 9.x-11.x.
- Proficiency in PowerCLI and/or other scripting languages.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Project Management skills and capable of leading meetings.
- 5 or more years supporting VMware environments.
- Proficiency with core networking concepts and ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Flexibility to work after-hours as needed and to be a part of an on-call rotation.
- Must be able to work on-site when needed at our Chicago office and/or regional datacenters.
- VCP (or higher) preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- Full benefits package, including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, robust EAP, wellness program, and much more
- Competitive pay
- Beautiful office space located in the NBC Tower downtown Chicago, with great amenities including indoor parking, onsite gym, restaurant, and café
- Free admission for employees and a guest to the Field Museum and Illinois Holocaust Museum
- Access to tickets in the company suite for Chicago premier sports teams, including the Bulls, Blackhawks, and Bears
ComPsych Corporation maintains a drug-free workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job DescriptionAgile Coach Opportunity OverviewResponsibility Summary/Job DescriptionThe Agile Coach role serves to connect firm level strategy and prioritization to the execution activities of product management, teamwork, and responsibility-based management..
Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.Job Description Summary :Responsible.
Role: Release Manager/PM II (Mid- Level)US/Remote- This role will require graveyard shift support 11p-8a CT once/month on a Sunday to support monthly production maintenance windows. We allow comp days to recoup from this weekend maintenance window support..
Connection has a fantastic opportunity through our technical staffing division in this is a remote opportunity. We are looking for a talented System Administrator. This is a direct-hire opportunity with excellent benefits, base plus bonus.The Systems.
US / RemoteCorsearch’s solutions are revolutionizing how companies commercialize and protect their growth. Trusted by thousands of customers worldwide, Corsearch delivers data, analytics, and services that support brands to market their assets and reduce.