Cloud DevOps Engineer (IAC2124)
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. This position will be remote with occasional travel to Army Geospatial Center . Get s#it done.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Deploying and maintaining RII AWS and on-premises hosted infrastructure
- Evolving and sustaining the CI/CD Infrastructure at RII
- Developing Infrastructure as Code with Ansible and Terraform to solve deployment problems for diverse environments
- Provide subject matter expertise on infrastructure components, to include assistance with maintenance, configuration
- Support the development environment of cutting-edge military and national defense related applications on various DEVOPS and cloud / big data environments
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Experience with AWS deployments
- 5+ year’s experience with Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu) system administration supporting both development and production environments.
- Linux Command Line experience required
- Experience with multiple virtualization environments, to include AWS EC2, KVM and ESXi
- Experience with scripting languages, in particular python experience
- Experience in a deploying systems and software distributed environment
- Experience with micro-services and micro-services architectures
- Experience with some of the following: python, docker/kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS/Fargate, jenkins, artifactory, packer, pulumi, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience with performance tuning Linux systems and services
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies, in particular: AWS, KVM, VMware
- Experience creating secure systems and CI/CD pipelines.
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
2 d ago
3 d ago