Description and RequirementsFrom core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
BMC, a global leader in IT solutions for the Autonomous Digital Enterprise, is going through fast-paced, transformational changes to offer its customers the next generation of AI-based SaaS experience for all its products.
We are looking for a senior technology leader/Architect to lead our next-generation Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps engineering, and SRE. You will be working closely with the product engineering teams, other architects, and the product management team. This role will ensure all our SaaS products provide a reliable, secure, and highly scalable SaaS experience for our customers.
- Automation and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) capability - Lead and build a rock-solid Site Reliability Engineering team that includes DevOps and SRE, automation, cloud migration and operation, and continuous engineering
- Cloud Infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, Developer Tooling - You will own the delivery and lifecycle automation for SaaS services.
- Define and enhance the SRE Observability and Monitoring leveraging AIOps Service.
- Develop SRE runbooks automation, self-service playbooks for the Helix SaaS platform
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team to define and deliver on SLAs
- Lead Engineering and SRE teams to ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, fault tolerance, and performance of Helix SaaS Products.
- Champion cloud operation and operational excellence
- Prioritize DevOps requirements, influence roadmap and strategy, and drive impact with the rest of the business partners
- Embrace an agile culture, focusing on incremental milestones towards achieving a broader vision
- Build a true DevOps, SRE, and automation culture
- Design, Code, Test, and Deliver software to automate manual operational work
- 10+ Experience in engineering and operations senior leadership roles with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading technically diverse teams
- 6+ years experience in cloud Infrastructure at a high transaction volume consumer or enterprise business.
- Validated thought leadership and rapid delivery of infrastructure as a code and support of all continuous integration and continuous deployment deliverables
- Prior experience working in a globally distributed organization
- You have led a large team, developed an efficient DevOps / SRE engineering team for five years, and grown talent
- You possess a strong background in running internet-scale cloud-based production systems with at least one of the top public cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- You have a proven track record in building and running production system utilizing microservices and distributes systems architecture at scale
- Working understanding system monitoring tools and technology
- Experience with monitoring and observability to proactively predict failure logging and monitoring tools ELK, Prometheus, Kibana, and Grafana a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible.
- You have a passion for collaborating cross-functionally & cross-product to identify and own the RCA and mitigation plan and reduce MTTR
- Hands-on experience with Agile-scrum methodology and test-driven development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-functional organizational ability to influence others
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
8 d ago