DevOps Engineer I
Develops, deploys, and maintains incremental software updates, ensuring stability and reliability.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops automated release tools meant to allow for continuous build and release processes.
Serves as a liaison between application development teams and operational infrastructure teams, integrating the full software deployment lifecycle.
Reviews application requirements and anticipates system needs in order to ensure availability and scalability of systems.
Troubleshoots code and assists with the resolution of coding issues.
Coordinates release of new or revised software or systems and monitors performance.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
Knowledge of basic IT technologies (i.e. operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
Requires knowledge of basic office tools
Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Flexibility, versatility, dependability
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES
Familiarity with some (and proficiency in at least one) of:
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Powershell)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of Cloud platforms
- With Dev Background -> Basic understanding of Ops/Infrastructure concepts
- With Ops/Infra background -> Basic understanding of Development processes and concepts (code reusability, modularity)
- Using APM and other tools you will monitor production systems; remediating production issues and implementing performance/cost improvements
- Infrastructure as Code and systems Automation experience (Terraform, Puppet, DSC)
- Experience with version control systems (Git, AzureDevOps)
- Experience with Build and Release systems and concepts
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Experience with Containers and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux Administration
- Employ automation tools like Terraform and Puppet to manage and deploy infrastructure
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: