This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
Dedicated Support Engineer - Customer Site
No two days are the same in Support & Technical Services. We engage in challenging problems to solve, constantly pick each others brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of their Ubuntu systems.
We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
Dedicated Support Engineers in Canonical are key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners. The role serves as escalation point for our Enterprise class customers and partners within Canonicals Support & Technical Services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assume direct responsibility and drive exceptional support provided to our customer base, with specific focus on assigned accounts.
- Gain understanding of our partner's technical infrastructure and environment, hardware, and/or product(s).
- Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others across the organisation as necessary.
- For assigned accounts manage support escalations and issue prioritisation, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- On-site customer support working to resolve complex customer problems related to Ubuntu OpenStack technologies, Juju, MAAS, charms, container technologies (LXD, Docker, etc) as well as general Ubuntu Server issues.
- Manage support escalations and issue prioritisation, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- Ensure that each support case owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Contribute new articles and maintain existing knowledge base articles.
- Provide architectural design and recommendations for Ubuntu and Canonical technologies (MAAS, Juju, Landscape, container technologies, etc.).
- Act as the named, dedicated contact within Canonical for support issues for the customer.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Capable of mounting a server in top of a standard datacentre racks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting Linux systems.
- Familiar with OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to application layer, including, core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
- Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
- Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc)
- Development level and troubleshooting experience in at least 2 programming languages like Bash, C, Python, GO, etc .
- Experience managing customer relationships through consulting engagements, account management, or direct support.
- Experience with Ubuntu or Debian. Must be able to understand Ubuntu OS bugs and advise on next steps, acting as a generalist when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English as a minimum.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Debian packaging experience and knowledge of Ubuntu development processes.
- Direct experience with MAAS and Juju.
- Familiarity with Snap packages and Snapcraft
- Familiarity with Git or other revision control systems
- Experience with configuration management and deployment tooling (Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Puppet etc)
- Familiarity with Open Source process and community practices required as well as familiarity with Open Source business model desirable.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems other than Ubuntu.
Support Manager, EMEA
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the worlds #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% Work-from-home
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the worlds computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
#LI-Remote #LI-ET1 #stack
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Lead Sustaining EngineerAt Docker, we simplify the lives of millions of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development. We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated dev
DescriptionWe are looking for a passionate DevOps engineer with a strong "get things done" attitude and attention to detail to join our engineering team. Junior and mid-level Engineers are encouraged to apply.RequirementsIf you…Are an advanced Linux userHave a good command
Location100% RemoteTypeFull-timeAre you an automation ninja? Can you replace people with scripts that you write? Does poorly engineered architecture give you nightmares?If this describes you then please read on! Exodus uses multi-cloud hosted backend services, running numerous cr
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us shape the future of bill pay and payments! We are a driven, creative, and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to deliver world-class products to the financial market that are used by millions of end
WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers for both 2020 and 2021, is rapidly growing and eager to add new members to our technical team. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior DevOps Engineer fo
More jobs by this company
SummaryThis is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international softwar
What is Canonical?Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the worlds best free software platform. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our