- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the development teams to deliver Annuities technologies in a modern agile manner. Continue to drive the team toward delivery of the best end to end design solutions for the enterprise.
- Interact with executive management and Annuities business stakeholders to develop strategic direction for the department and functional areas.
- Partner with senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Provide clear direction by translating strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones. Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define technology goals.
- Act as a strategist and champion for Annuities roadmap within technologies.
- Identify opportunities to utilize third-party software, optimize legacy systems, development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs in agile, and speed to market focused development for business partners.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators, internal controls, and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes. Bring a passion to stay on top of technical trends, experiment with new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity, and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive a culture of change and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption.
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost, and scope for mainframe and cloud development initiatives.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Eight years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Eight years of Annuity business and technology leadership experience.
- Six years of experience managing a diverse team and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deliver, and accomplishments in architecture and strategy.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills to delivery highly relevant and effective information to the Board, executives, and employees.
- Ability to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way the leads to substantive actionable outcomes.
- Proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and push for innovation solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Master’s degree
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of big data and real time data processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with solution architecture and implementation
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Office environment.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Frequent travel
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position generally ranges between $155,000 and $205,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 25%.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
** Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US-based remote. **We are looking for a DevOps leader passionate about automation and building high performing teams. Experience with cloud architecture, cloud security, continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrast
Job Description Summary:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, troubleshooting and training tasks to ensure the LAN and WAN network performance meets company and user satisfaction.Responsible for watching and responding to corresp
Overview:Who is Virgin Pulse?Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform
Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits
Essential FunctionsManages the installation, maintenance, and upgrades of internal and external computer hardware and software systems used for designing, developing and deploying company products.Works with Infrastructure services, Engineering, Implementation Services & Supp
On the lookout for a business that will understand the hows and whys of prevention and troubleshooting cybersecurity security risks? A business that sees its employees as more than just means to an end? If yes, IT Labs offers this and much more.Key Responsibilities: Serve as a k
More jobs by this company
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of hel
The position requires ITSM expertise along with technical knowledge of ServiceNow. The ServiceNow Technical Lead should understand technical and functional design requirements for ServiceNow, follow industry best practices and patterns in building ITSM systems, provide high-level
ResponsibilitiesUse instructional design, adult learning theories, and industry-recognized design practices (e.g. ADDIE, SAM) to customize and innovate new and existing programs.Integrate eLearning formats into existing programs.Develop and create eLearning courses using educatio
Analyze data consumption across businesses to rationalize data consumption patterns.Meet with external data providers and clients to understand how industry participants plan to build commercial solutions to commercialize data.Establish relationships with current ecosystem provid