Reporting to the Manager of Product Development, the Software Engineer II is a primary team member who works to innovate, conceive, design and develops modern, comprehensive software solutions. You will collaborate with product management, architects and engineers to drive successful outcomes with focus on people, quality and best practices.
A Day in the Life of the Software Engineer II - About the role:
This role will be about engineering smart solutions driven by algorithms from in-house science and research. An insatiable intellectual curiosity to probe the depths and complexities of those algorithms, in order to understand how best to harness technology to productize such science, will be a critically essential trait in the applicant’s daily work.
The applicant will therefore:
- Contribute to the AI platform to enable innovations in PROS products
- Research customer reported incidents, make necessary code changes to fix the issue, prepare a patch release, and deploy the new version of Application.
- Learn and keep up with new technologies and frameworks.
Required Qualifications - About you:
- We are looking for candidates who possess a broad range of development experience. Your primary focus will be on developing continuous deployment platforms. This position is the combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in delivering SaaS applications, monitoring, troubleshooting.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas and concepts
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with working in Java
- Experience developing/deploying microservices
- Experience with Container/Cluster Management such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Enjoys working in collaborative environment
- Experience with REST API development
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Any experience with Big Data technologies: e.g.: DataBricks, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with Integration testing
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Stash/BitBucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- Experience working with Azure services
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Customer Centricity
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has 30+ years of proven success with a long runway of more success.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. If you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position: Senior or Lead DevOps EngineerSalary: $140K - $180K (dependent on work location & level of experience)HQ: Mountain View, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S.Perks: Attractive Equity + Flexible PTO + Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits + 401(
Company: MobileCoinPosition: Senior SRE / DevOps Engineer HQ: San Francisco, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.SComp: Base $150k - $215k (dependent on level of experience) + attractive equity + excellent benefitsWhat You Will be DoingMaintain, monitor and im
Devops - ein Begriff, dem man in der IT-Welt ständig begegnet und der gleichzeitig so viel Raum für Interpretation zulässt. Devops liefert für uns die methodische Basis für das Zusammenspiel von Betrieb und Entwicklung. Du sorgst als Devops Engineer also
Responsibilities:Communicate design requirements to engineers and management.Take end-to-end ownership and manage a small team. Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.Design of overall architecture and maintain responsiveness and avail
Myticas Consulting is currently seeking an AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer for a contract position with our direct client.NOTE: Open for W2 candidates only!Location: 100% Remote (Client based in Chicago, IL)Duration: 12 Months ContractJob Description:The Cloud DevOps Engineer is a tech