Position: Senior SRE / DevOps Engineer
HQ: San Francisco, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S
Comp: Base $140k - $200 (dependent on level of experience) + attractive equity + excellent benefits
What You Will be Doing
- Maintain, monitor and improve our Kubernetes clusters.
- Maintain, improve, scale and secure our Azure infrastructure and Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Assist our development teams in running, packaging, deploying and troubleshooting applications
- Work with developers on streamlining deployment processes with Jenkins and other tooling
- Be responsible for maintenance and improvements to multiple internal services, for example Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Logging
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and ensure that the foundation for our services is best in class.
- Evaluate new technologies, design and implement as appropriate.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement by creating custom or by using off the shelf solutions.
- Extensive experience of working in cloud-based systems operations
- You’re very comfortable with Linux command line
- You have extensive experience with Docker (building and running containers), and container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- You have experience with Prometheus and Grafana (preferred), or other monitoring systems (InfluxDB, StatsD, Graphite, etc)
- Experience with CI pipelines and Jenkins (preferred)
- You are security minded and follow standard security best-practices (least-privilege, common attack defenses, etc)
- You have a good understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP, load balancing, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, etc.).
- You have experience supporting production workloads and are familiar with monitoring concepts and tooling.
- You're highly proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Go, Rust, Bash, etc.).
- You're enthusiastic about working in a small, growing team, you are open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Rust and/or C/C++
- Experience with advanced CPU features in a container environment (SGX, GPU, etc)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About the job:We believe that a foundation for a successful digital company is built upon a dynamic platform that uses open principles to accelerate ongoing and future development and aligns around customer goals. The Red Hat North America Commercial (NA Comm) Services team is lo
Our client, a well-known Fortunate 500 company, is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.Their team has successfully launched a new and innovat
At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as w
Job SummaryEngages with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to help facilitate DevOps transformation across the enterprise. Helps to increase agile adoption by proactively identifying IT efforts that can be transitioned to agile projects and prepares the infrastructure
Teramind is seeking a highly-experienced DevOps Engineer. There is no minimum education required for this position, but candidates should have 5+ years of advanced DevOps experience. Promising candidates will go through a rigorous interview process to ensure a good fit. This is a
More jobs by this company
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Fog team)Company: MobileCoinHQ / Work Location: San Francisco, CA but this is a fully REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.STech Environment: Rust, C++, Python, SQL, Linux, SGX, GPU, Kubernetes, low-latency systemsComp: $150k-$225K (highly de
Company: MobileCoinPosition: Senior Full Stack Engineer (multiple openings). Open to frontend or backend leaning candidates too.HQ: San Francisco, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.STech Stack: Combination of Rust, Python/Django, Java/SpringBoot, React, Java